Designing standard L shapes?

Vera Mint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, it cannot be just me seeing the massive jump between M and L in terms of standard women's sizing. What's up with that, and are there tweaks that put the resulting shape somewhere between sizes but able to still use L-sized garments? I'm thinking belly size matters the least, except you might get unattractive gapping when it comes to pants if your midriff is bare...

It was because Linden Lab never thought mesh would be used for clothes. They only released rigged mesh that can't be adjusted by fat, muscle and belly sliders, the soft parts.

Designers was surprised by this, and as a quick solution they asked some bloggers about their numbers. You noticed that there is very little difference between XXS, XS and S? Most bloggers are thin, so there was few numbers to work with in bigger sizes. Well, that is what I heard.

The designers behind this is popular, and they don't have bigger sized customers.

When people started complaining it was too late, because Mesh became popular so fast and templates and shapes was sold in standard sizes.

Some designers started to add sizes like S+ and M+. Like Lapointe and Bastchild. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FatPack-Womens-SWear-Flare-Mesh-Jeans-6-Denim-Tones-Lt-Blue-to-Black-Rigged-Clothing-in-7-sizes/5105076

They are very few, and now designers offer standard sizes and fitted mesh. Have you tried fitted mesh? I must admit that fitted mesh isn't all I had hoped for. 

I know right? Fitted mesh is working like system clothes when on mesh bodies..we're back to wrapped bewbies and skirts with a different version of the crotch prim and less layers..lol

That is what it feels like at the moment,but it's still kind of new to me so i'm hanging in there and getting excited everytime i find something new..

It's good to be excited again,that's for sure hehehe

Vera Mint wrote:

Okay, it cannot be just me seeing the massive jump between M and L in terms of standard women's sizing. What's up with that, and are there tweaks that put the resulting shape somewhere between sizes but able to still use L-sized garments? I'm thinking belly size matters the least, except you might get unattractive gapping when it comes to pants if your midriff is bare...

If you're just looking for larger breasts and a larger butt with a flatter belly try using clothing built from Meli Imako's templates - there are tons of them out there, usually from smaller/cheaper makers. You can also just buy the templates themselves. Meli Imako's sizes aren't the standard sizes. You can tell when a maker uses them because the size range will be listed as XS to XL instead of XXS to L the way "Standard Sizing" is.

Your other option, of course, is to use system clothes for your base layers and use mesh as addition, like jackets, etc...There are a lot of really good system clothes these days with good texturing thanks to the popularity of mesh bodies. They use the system layer templates for the appliers so designers, since they have to make them for the appliers anyway, are also making they system layers for the default avi. Just a thought.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.