Unable to move/remove one-prim object from my Linden home

Frigga Freidman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I put up a one-prim strand of Christmas lights in my Linden Home. Sucessfully stretched it a bit, but have not been able to select/move/remove it on a subsequent login. It is highlighted along with all my other objects when I go to World> About Land> Objects> Show, but still not selectable on its own. If I click on the Return button next to the Show button, will I be given a list of objects I can select from? Or will clicking Return send *everything* on my parcel back to my Inventory? Any suggestions for getting rid of this object much appreciated!!

5 answers to this question

Clicking the Return button on that page, will return to inventory all objects you own on that parcel. See: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113

Some objects are hard to select. Try zooming the camera in close. Alt-click can help zomming in. You can also try selecting it with the Build tool open, and the arrow icon selected, by drawing a box around it. If you can select the object, you should be able to delete it.

Grass is particularly hard to select.

• Like 1

Sometimes it helps to edit another object first, and then click on the object you want to remove.

Maybe the root of the lights is invisible, and you can try to highlight it to see, if there is a small box near to the lights.

In Firestorm (or maybe in other viewers too, Idk) you go in advance menu in top of your screen - highlighting and visibility - select highlight transparent. All object will now turn red, and you might see if there is a box attached to the lights. Click on that box, and you should be able to delete the lights.

Hi Frigga,

Go to Build->Linksets and click on the Owner column header. Then look for your name and you'll see all the objects you have rezzed in your home. Select the wayward string of lights and click "Take".

In Firestorm, because some people may think their preferences for menu organization are more important than consistency across viewers, you'll find that in Build->Pathfinding->Linksets.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.