How can I get scripted motion to function with my avatar easily?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1. I've tried a example script on a "created" object, but it can not be saved or transfer to the object using IE-11, to open the SecondLife URL webpage.  This was an example to start (auto-scripting) from (www.3greeneggs.com) that failed.

2. Can any scripting be accomplished using the SecondLife viewer, with it's own (built-in) browser?

3. Can any scripting be done at all, using a laptop PC with a 4G Modem?

The (gestures) are not enough, when SecondLife has a (script library) with function ID's . 

2 answers to this question

1. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but it sounds as if you are trying to just open a web page with a LSL script.  That's quite easy.  Here's a bare bones script that will do that if you just click on the object that you put the script in....

default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0)," \n Here is the SL home page.", "http://www.secondlife.com");    }}

There are several other ways to do that, including using the Prim Media option to display a web page on a prim face.

2. Yes, you can write scripts with the LSL editor in your viewer.  It's done all the time.  It has nothing to do with your browser or the built-in browser function of the viewer, though.

3. Yes, you can write scripts on any computer that you can use to log in to SL.

If you want to learn to write LSL scripts, start out with some of the easy tutorials at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial

• Like 1

A script is a program written in Linden Scripting Language (LSL) and placed in a prim.  It has nothing to do with your browser.

Scripts can be written in world.  Right click any blank place in your inventory window and choose New Script.  Scripts can also be written in an LSL editor outside of Second Life and imported.  For complex scripts, this is the preferred method because the script editor contains helpful debugging tools.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.