'Under' Layers Issue.

Iain Pinelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I believe the issue may have been caused by the old "Teen Grid" restrictions where you could not remove "Undershirt" and "Underwear" layers.

But whenever I place an undershirt/underwear texture on, "MAX CLOTHING" errors come up, and whatever I have worn seems permenantly attached.

Charachter Test > Male, did not fix this, changing viewer did not fix this, neither did trying to remove all the layers, as the option is not there, and whenever the avatar is meant to be "naked" the textures are still there for me, and everyone else..

We have exhausted the possibilites, I would have filed a "ticket" for Linden Labs to fix this BUT, there is no option to do so under "Technical Issues".

Any ideas guys? I will edit and update the information if asked to do so!

18 answers to this question

You might be slightly confused about how the "restrictions" you referred to actually work. It is not that you cannot remove underwear it is that the underwear is part of the skin (painted on to it) and the skins on new residents in the main grid are the same way now.

You can simply change the skin to get rid of the underwear, you just couldn`t get naked skins on the teen grid so they could not do that.

If you remove all your avatars clothing, put on a naked skin & then add whatever clothing layers you want after that, you shouldn`t have any problems.

• Like 1

RLVa assertion failure: (!remove) || (0 != idxCurPerType) || (0==getWearableCount(type)) (..\..\newview\llagentwearables.cpp - 4580)

I get an error message like that (hopefully accurate had to retype it)

But the actual "layer" that's painted isn't there, its not even in clothing, and it still stacks more underwear/undershirts. A re-log does help this issue but I don't want to have to re-log and switch viewer for every underlayer.

I tried your method, but I already have a set of skins purchased from Unique, I tried interchanging between them to no prevail.

You can do that on the latest viewers, you can wear multiples of the same layer, but there is still a limit to the total number of clothing items you can wear. The same is true of attachments, you can only wear 38 but you could wear all 38 on your skull if you want to.

Thats why I suggested removing ALL your clothing and starting over.

Have you tried right clicking yourself and removing everything that way?

Can you post a pic?

Are you wearing Velcro underpants? hehe

EDIT: Try this:

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base), huds etc and a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

I competley understand that I am probably not allowed to take off "all" the clothing. But previousliy when the Teen Grid and Main Grid merged the option was avaliable. I litteraly could strip the avatar bare, and replace it with another layer, which its not doing...

But what "should" happen is, the underlayer gets "replaced" with whatever item I want...which it isn't. So if I wear a shirt, and want to put on a differnt undershirt, the old one will still be there..

It confuses me that is RLVa errors coming up on all viewers aswell... its completley confusing me the issue. I cant seem to find any other Second Life "support" to use, as the ticket based system no longer exists for problems such as this.

I have found no-one else with this same problem which is the frustrating part of it.

If you use phoenix (and a few other viewers), RLVa is a module that allows RLV enablement with those viewers.

Go into preferences, look for some checkbox that says "Enable RLVa". Uncheck it. Log off and restart your viewer.

Once done, I'd look at any prims you normally wear. I'll bet someone slipped an RLV scripted item or HUD to you. (that is, an object with RLV scripts in it.)

One RLV command forbids removal of clothing layers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.