when will this issues with the sl update be resolved?! need to login!

lexxie401bennett Canucci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2  days ago, i updated to the latest version of the second life viewer. upon opening it, it wont run. now, i am already having issues, not sure if its with the viewers, but other third party viewers i try to use, i am unable to tp anywhere, im always crashing. The second life viewer if the only viewer that doesnt give me this problem.  but now with this new update, i cant even open sl. When will this issue be resolved?! please make it quick

3 answers to this question

Nobody here can do anything about it.  We are all SL residents like you.  No Lindens ever come here.  There is a BUG report in the JIRA, so LL developers are aware of the problem and are working on it.

The best solution for now, until Linden Lab issues an improved version of the current update that is giving you trouble, is to download and install a different viewer. For many people who have posted here in Answers, reinstalling a previous version of the LL viewer is not an option, but there are several very good Third Party viewers with much better stability records.

If you are also having problems with other viewers, then there is probably more going on than just the current LL viewer download.  If you are unable to TP and are crashing often, you may have an unreliable Internet connection or may be overheating your computer -- which can be expensive.  If you have been using a wireless connection, don't.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823  .  If you are using a laptop, be sure that it has adequate ventilation.  Use a raised support under the machine so that air can flow freely under it.  Reduce your draw distance and quality settings in Preferences >>> Graphics so that your graphics card/chip does not have to work so hard to render scenes.

One thing that it can be is your browser, if you are using IE or mozilla firefox clearing your cookies etc can make a big difference.

Another thing that is very helpfull is when you shut down your laptop/ pc is to unplug the modem and reset it.

Also When you download a server from http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/, its important that you download the right veiwer for your system, whether its 32 bit or 64 bit.

Definitely do some experimenting to find out why you can't use any of the third party viewers.  Whatever is causing that is separate from the known bug in the latest SL viewer update.

However, it's possible to download and install an older version of the SL viewer.  For example, try the one here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.20.296355

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.