how to get my atoll hut

JuliusRay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

This seems to be a continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/i-m-in-trap/qaq-p/2857606

How do you "get" it?  If it belongs to you, you go back and Take it. That is, you right click on it and select the option "Take".  That will move it to your inventory.

If it does not belong to you, you might be able to take a free copy (by selecting Take Copy) or you might be able to Buy the hut or a copy of it.  You'll have to see what your options are when you right click on it. 

BTW, if this is the same hut in which you were just "trapped", you might want to see if all you did before was left-click and Sit in the hut.  If so, the way to un-trap yourself would have been to stand up and walk out.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm sorry, but almost every newcomer makes this mistake at some point.

You were not "trapped" in your Atoll Hut, you were WEARING it.  So of course, it moved around whenever you did.  Just right click the thing and choose Detach.

To find it again, look in your inventory, the button with a suitcase symbol or CTRL+I.  Type "atoll hut" into the search text box at the top of the inventory window.

Next time, go to a public sandbox somewhere and drag the hut from your inventory onto the ground.  It will appear, and you can walk inside it, sit on it, or put furniture on the porch.  You can't keep it there permanently, though...sandboxes have a "return time," ususally two or three hours, after which anything you've rezzed there is returned to your Lost and Found folder.  To keep a house in world permanently, you'll have to buy or rent some land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.