Logged out of second life.Over 600 ms Ping!!

Storm Darkspider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The last days i am being logged out of second life after 2 minutes.My network gets really high ping, over 600 ms.

I have tried everything i read here, like updating my graphic card, checking the cables, i upgraded my internet connection, i tried different viewers but the problem remains.

Is there anyway the problem to be the server location iam being connected to?And how can i file a ticket to the LL concerning that topic?

4 answers to this question

To see if it is a problem with the server where you log in, try logging in to other sims.  Just type the sim name in the box on the log in screen where it says 'home' or 'last location'.  If it is a server problem you won't have this happen on other sims.  You will want to log in and then TP to several different sims to be sure.  If it is a server problem then contact the estate owner and ask for a sim restart.  If its mainland file a ticket to have that done, as anyone can request a restart on mainland sims.  If a restart doesn't fix it, file a support ticket on your account.

To file a ticket you need to go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/.

• Like 1

You didn't say where you are, and I'm not asking.  Still, ping time is largely a function of the distance that signals have to travel between your computer and SL's servers in San Francisco or Dallas.  If you are halfway around the world or are using a satellite ISP, you can expect long ping times and there's nothing you can do about them. 

There can sometimes be temporary ping time issues even when you're fairly close, but they usually clear up in a little while.  For a while last year, for example, signals being routed through Internet servers in the southeast U.S. were slow.  Equipment overload?  Who knows?  Take a look at Nalates's commentary on this problem >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2014/08/18/512k-internet-slow-down/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.