can I hide my groups on my profile from the general public?

BettyBoop Daviau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Betty, (boop boob bee doo!)

I think this still works...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Joining-and-participating-in-groups/ta-p/700117#Section_.1.3

Good luck!

ETA: Yeah, it still works. Right click your avatar and select "My Groups" then click the little profile (silhouette) icon for the group you want to hide. Then uncheck "Show in my profile".

• Like 3

As Maddy says, you CAN hide your groups.  But you might want to ask yourself why you'd want to.

After all, you're anonymous here.  If you want to marry a slimy tentacle monster or worship Cthulhu, you can, and your Real Life friends and co-workers won't suspect a thing.

And, if you have some, shall we say...exotic interests, you might want others with the same interests to know about it!

If you want to keep certain aspects of your Second Life from interfering with other, incompatible aspects, there's a way to do that, too.  You can, like Superman, have a Secret Identity.  Create an alt, and use that account to pursue whatever shady pursuits you like, while your main account can continue to be a prim and proper schoolmarm.

Yes...by day, BettyBoop is a plain, ordinary housewife.  But  when night falls over the city, she logs in as...The Black Widow!  Armed only with her six inch stilettos and leather whip, she brings even the most powerful of men to their KNEES!

Do be careful though.  Alts have a way of getting uppity and out of hand.  You must be sure to keep them in their place.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.