Your latest Viewer Update?

Midhael Weston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

How come loading my contacts won't Load and I can't TP anywhere with your latest Viewer Update?

I did a Fresh download and I am still having the same Problem. It didn't help. Let's try and fix it so I don't have this Problem again. There was No Problems installing it. It went well but Still not working right.

6 answers to this question

Not my viewer update.  I'm a SL resident like you.  We all are.  There are never any Lindens here.

If your viewer isn't behaving correctly, it may have installed improperly or may have been damaged during download.  I'd suggest doing a CLEAN reinstall, manually.  Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

If you can't teleport, check also to be sure that your firewall software has an exception for your viewer's exe file.  If it doesn't the firewall may be blocking data transfer to the new sim's servers.

• Like 1

I did a Fresh download and I am still having the same Problem. It didn't help. Let's try and fix it so I don't have this Problem again. There was No Problems installing it. It went well but Still not working right. This all started with today's latest S/L Viewer update and was work Great before.

Bummer. So you really did the clean, manual download? Removing all hidden files? That should have given you a clean slate. For now, of course, you can go back and install the previous viewer if you want to, but sooner or later you'll have to upgrade when that one gets far enough out of date. FWIW, both of the problems you are describing are often also symptoms of a wonky Internet connection, so you might try rebooting your router and modem. The old viewer may have been a little more tolerant of them than the new one is. Also, at least to test, try getting off wireless. It's not recommended by Linden Lab anyway, and it can give unreliable service if you have a flaky connection.

Just to remind you, as I said earlier, we're all SL residents here in Answers, not Lindens or Linden employees. We do our best to troubleshoot problems but we don't have any special powers to "fix" the viewer. If you really run up against a brick wall and nothing we suggest works, you may need to submit a JIRA report that suggests buggy behavior in the viewer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.