HELP! Trying to find MALE MESH BODIES for my RL.

WildFilly Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think there is more male mesh bodies coming. Lord knows the default sl bodies is horrible, and the male ones is worst.

Tellaq has some bodies. They are good if you want the "Hercules" body type. Demo these carefully to see if you can wear other clothes. The reviews are very mixed. The one I link to here is the latest, and the only one with separate head, feet and hands. Means you can wear the head and hands with all kind of clothes. I would not buy another of these Tellaq avatars unless they are updated to include the same. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Demo-KRONOS-MESH-AVATAR-BY-TELLAQ/6279769

14417927338_9d70cd21f9_z.jpg

For the more lean young avatar, I show you my alt in his mesh body to the left, default sl body to the right. Same shape used in both images. Notice how awful the back breaks when the arm is lifted, and the terrible knees in the default avatar. The head is not worn here. This is the Signature mesh avatar. I got it in the Mens Dept july round. This is a beta and it don't have enough alphas and the skins are so limited. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Signature-Mesh-Avatar/1382453545321889

I think men will invest in a better body when they get as good options as us ladies. It is a myth that men don't shop in SL. 

There is also L'Uomo https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=L%27Uomo

You CAN also wear regular clothing layers and/or 'Fitted' Mesh clothing ( I currently wear a L'Uomo upper body with mesh pants from Redgrave, the trick to doing this is to hide the lower half of the L'uomo mesh and set the body fat for the base avatar to 20 so that the L'uomo mesh and the Base avatar waist meet up seamlessly).

Hunter Stern wrote:

There is also L'Uomo

You CAN also wear regular clothing layers and/or 'Fitted' Mesh clothing ( I currently wear a L'Uomo upper body with mesh pants from Redgrave, the trick to doing this is to hide the lower half of the L'uomo mesh and set the body fat for the base avatar to 20 so that the L'uomo mesh and the Base avatar waist meet up seamlessly).

THIS would be a working link... and i'm sorry but, is that supposed to look human?

Hi Drake,

I see nothing wrong with the above link I gave. Infact if you look real close, you'll notice it's for the product store. L'Uomo comes in a variety of shapes to suit and does feature demos. It also has skin appliers right there on the store page.

SL is a mix of MANY MANY styles and looks and colors and variety. THAT! is why I pointed out the fact about L'Uomo as an option for male mesh bodies. The OP did not state that she or her rl wanted a specific genre of Male Mesh Models. The more suggestions they recieve the better imo.

In reply to your snarky comment about looking human? Seriously, grow up, Drake.

Hunter Stern wrote:

Hi Drake,

I see nothing wrong with the above link I gave. Infact if you look
real close,
you'll notice it's for the product store. L'Uomo comes in a variety of shapes to suit and does feature demos. It also has skin appliers right there on the store page.

It didn't work yesterday. Apparently it does now. Sorry.

SL is a mix of MANY MANY styles and looks and colors and variety. THAT! is why I pointed out the fact about L'Uomo as an option for male mesh bodies. The OP did not state that she or her rl wanted a specific genre of Male Mesh Models. The more suggestions they recieve the better imo.

I see, you are entitled to your opinion, but I can't have mine.

In reply to your snarky comment about looking human? Seriously, grow up, Drake.

Oh, i was quite serious. 2k for a body and then 3k for a skin?!?! On a body that makes Arnold in his prime look tiny? And people wonder why men don't buy mesh bodies.

Hi, I just want to point out that the price of 3000 is not for "a" skin, but a bundle of 16 skins, and single skins and texture HUDs are available inworld. The price of female mesh bodies vary a lot, from 799 to 5000. The one that sell most now, cost 1250 without head, hands and feet. Single hands cost 450, feet 675.

So the price is not terrible. I hope that more male bodies will be released. The key criteria for a mesh body to succeed is that they have designer kits available. People will not accept to look like clones. A mesh body that can be adjusted by sliders, applying skins, tattoos and tight clothing, with the possibility to alpha out parts so you can wear mesh clothes allow for individualism. 

This L'uomo body meets many of those requirements, but nothing about using other designers skins, tattoos or clothes. As far as I know, no male mesh bodies meet this criteria now.I don't think it's wrong to want to have this oversized look. You can say this is the male counterpart to the "Brazilia" female avatars.

I would save my money and wait... hopefully some will release a male mesh body that work as the best female bodies. If all will like how it looks, that's not sure.

Marianne Little wrote:

Hi, I just want to point out that the price of 3000 is not for "a" skin, but a bundle of 16 skins, and single skins and texture HUDs are available inworld. The price of female mesh bodies vary a lot, from 799 to 5000. The one that sell most now, cost 1250 without head, hands and feet. Single hands cost 450, feet 675.

So the price is not terrible. I hope that more male bodies will be released. The key criteria for a mesh body to succeed is that they have designer kits available. People will not accept to look like clones. A mesh body that can be adjusted by sliders, applying skins, tattoos and tight clothing, with the possibility to alpha out parts so you can wear mesh clothes allow for individualism. 

This L'uomo body meets many of those requirements, but nothing about using other designers skins, tattoos or clothes. As far as I know, no male mesh bodies meet this criteria now.I don't think it's wrong to want to have this oversized look. You can say this is the male counterpart to the "Brazilia" female avatars.

I would save my money and wait... hopefully some will release a male mesh body that work as the best female bodies. If all will like how it looks, that's not sure.

My biggest complaint as a mesh clothing designer, is there are currentlyno male mesh avatars that can wear standard sized mesh clothing or even fitmesh. You have to wear the clothing designed for them. Most of the female mesh bodies can wear "off the rack" mesh clothing. This is a huge sticking point, i think, for many men who wish to get a mesh body.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.