How can someone find with without map tracker or your collar?

carolinagirl979

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was logged on yesterday and I was hanging with a friend.  Another avatar (an ex) sent me a picture of me and him hanging out.  I have NO idea how to found me being that my collar is off and my map tracking thing.  It is creepy to me that they could cam in and take pictures, no Idea how I was even found. 

I should add that he does not know where this person lives, nor does anyone else know him.  I did visit him when we were sorting cats the other day and my collar was still on so I am thinking he used the landmark fromthe history of the collar.  I knew I had nothing tracking on because I has went back to an older version of me.  Oh well, it does creep me out a little and I have to decide what I want to do about it.  I

3 answers to this question

Hi Carolina,

I can think of several ways someone could find you:

• If you continue to visit favorite places from your past, people who know of them have a chance of finding you there.
  • If you frequent new places you've listed in your picks or groups, you've made it easier to find you.
  • If you have friends who know your ex, they may be passing your whereabouts to him.
  • If you are wearing any attachments that were given to you by your ex, it's possible one or more contains a tracking script.

Keep your head down!

• Like 2

The easiest way to find you is good old-fashioned detective work. If you're like most people, you hang out in pretty much the same places every day.  You list other places you like in your picks, and you have photos of places and friends in your web profile.  Your groups aren't much help, because they are all shopping groups, but I'm guessing that you have a few people you like to hang with, and they will be at places that aren't hard to guess.  (In fact, you ex might have been tracking your new friend, not you.) Anyone with a little patience can wait for you to show up on a one of those sims, spot you on the mini-map, and take a photo from half a sim away.  He wouldn't need much technology to do that.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.