Orange and cloudy

Vickiex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am currently sporting the orange cloud look, And unabe to wear items from my inventory because the folders are there but they do not open for me (the little white arrows are gone) 

I ahve done default avi but nothing 

Please help 

2 answers to this question

The orange cloud look is a simple case of bake fail, and it's orange because you are using the Firestorm viewer.  Here's how you cure it >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

Now, the real question is why you have bake fail in the first place.  The fact that you are also having invenory issues tells me that you are not logging in completely.  You have an unreliable Internet connection.  You can often fix that by rebooting your modem and router (just unplug them from the power for a few minutes, then restart your computer after you plug them back in).  If you are using wireless -- not recommended by Linden Lab -- you might also try using a direct LAN cable connection from your router to the computer. 

• Like 1

You can test your Internet connection to SL, which having a good Internet connection is different than having a good connection to SL.

However, there is currently a bug with wireless connections like T-Mobile, ATT Uverse, and similar services. If you are using a wireless connection from your gateway to the ISP, it may well be the ISP that is at fault. It has to do with ow they are compressing and trying to cache Internet traffic. 

You might try the Project Refresh Viewer version 3.7.12.291799 – This version uses the newly reorganized software libraries that Monty Linden has been cleaning up. For Mac users that means the viewer WILL NOT run on version 10.5 and earlier.

This version also has a work-around for a bake fail condition coming from various ISP and networking configurations.  See JIRA items:

Without telling us about your system, we have to guess at what the problem might be. So, when you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway or between the gateway and ISP. Also whether you are using a mobile/wireless connection to your ISP.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.