Facebook Targets SecondLife Avatar Accounts, Again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I hadn't logged into the Chic Aeon account at Facebook for at least a year, maybe two. I found a year old message there :D.   I had NO issues at all getting to the account backend, but I made my account long ago as " a fictional character" which is what Facebook said to do.

So I was never pretending that there was a real life Chic Aeon -- and that might certainly have been your problem.

Obviously I don't care if they delete my account. I can't even remember now why I made it - LOL.

Unfortunately, their "Policy" has changed since "long ago". In thier statement they sent me, it said that "accounts must be held and represented by real people...". And facebook no longer allows "fictional characters". That option is non-existent for Pages and at sign up. I could understand facebook becoming "suspicious" if I were spamming or causing trouble with my account, or if I suddenly had 500 friends in a weeks time. But neither of these cases apply to me. I used my facebook page as a normal person, connecting with other SecondLife friends. And at the time of them closing my account, I only had about 76 friends.

So, there was no obvious reason to "target" me. The only explanation I can come up with, is I was the victim of a random "automated" TOS cop.

Just to clear up whether the email I received from facebook was real or "hacked", here is the final email message they sent to me, from the email address (I'll add a DOT so it won't turn in to a link).....

(AT)support.facebook(DOT)com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

We're writing to let you know that your account has been disabled for not representing a real person, and it can't be reactivated.

Facebook is a community where people connect using their real identities. This means your account must have your real name and birthday. For more information about these policies, please review the Facebook Community Standards:

https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards

Thanks,

Niles
Community Operations
Facebook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shannon Danick wrote:

"I 100% do not believe this crap at all, and am assuming if you DID lose access to your FB account that you just got hacked and people are trying to get information out of you. Facebook will never ask you for a form of ID, and they do not ban regularly used FB accounts."

You are sadly mistaken and possibly jaded. This was authentic, as my log in page on my facebook account defaulted to the "your account is on hold....verification is required" page. I was not hacked. Facebook DID ban my account, because I refused to show them my real life ID to prove I was over 13 years old.

You do realize people make facebook accounts for like, darth vader and super mario? Fake facebooks are made all the time and people arent banned. Was for facebook for a child avi or an adult avi? If it was for a child avi than it was your own fault, if it was for an adult avi than there has to be more to it. As I said, fake facebook accounts are made all the time for people that want to depict there favorite character in a movie, or video game, or MMO character, or just people who dont want to use facebook and just play the games.

I was on FB for over a year and my wife for over 2 years with our SL accounts and we never received this type of threat. If you truely 100% are on hold from FB than to me that means theres another reason behind it. Are you posting some of the weird **bleep**ed up **bleep** you find on SL like horse **bleep**ers? Are you a child avi? Are you a weird ass sexified furry? I just dont believe facebook does this for random reasons because I have never seen it personally happen to me or anybody I know and people make fake facebook accounts all the time. Kidding me, on my RL FB right now Im following cartoon characters. Unofficial FB pages for cartoon characters.

Just doesnt add up to me honestly, I dont believe FB would put an account on hold for no reason. They want the traffic, they give it to no name accounts everyday. Something told me you either violated the ToS or had a child avi as your facebook or something. Maybe you used the same email as your RL FB? I have no idea, but it never happened to me and it hasnt happened to darth vader yet.

Btw my wife, who was also on FB for 3 years appareantly with her SL account being her main account (added people from RL too, used it for at least 10-15 games) asks if you used your Rez date as your birthday or if you used your actual RL birthday cause that may be why they wanted to verify your age. It just doesnt make sense to us as we never had problems before like this and if she was using it as her main account, every single day, for every aspect of FB and not getting a single deactivation threat just doesnt make sense to me.

FB can and does delete SL ava accounts. Last year I made one for this ava, as all of my friends from here were there and talked me into making one too. I used my RL birthday, and RL last name even as I don't have a last name in SL. Within a few months I got a message saying my account had been put on hold for being a fictional character, and that I needed to send in verification that I was real. I instead made a different account, which within weeks had the same thing happen. Quite a few of my friends had their accounts suspended as well. We had been having problems with an individual in SL and thought perhaps she'd reported our accounts out of spite, but never knew for sure, and didn't bother trying for a third account. 

just to add in, none of us are in to any kind of freakyness that you mentioned, no xxx pics posted or dirty talk anywhere, the deletings were completely out of the blue and unexpected. 

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

Btw my wife, who was also on FB for 3 years appareantly with her SL account being her main account (added people from RL too, used it for at least 10-15 games) asks if you used your Rez date as your birthday or if you used your actual RL birthday cause that may be why they wanted to verify your age. It just doesnt make sense to us as we never had problems before like this and if she was using it as her main account, every single day, for every aspect of FB and not getting a single deactivation threat just doesnt make sense to me.

Just because you have escaped detection does not mean it doesn't happen.

But obviously you haven't bothered to read the links Kenbro provided.

Or you think all those other people who claimed it happened to are liars.

It was so severe at the time that LL contacted FB to establish what the correct procedures were in order for someone to link SL to FB.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

It was so severe at the time that LL contacted FB to establish what the correct procedures were in order for someone to link SL to FB.

All of the links Kenbro provided are from no name websites which I can not validate as being legit, that is why I dont take them seriously.

Im sure it does happen to some people and there FB accounts do get banned, but once again I dont believe its simply because they are SL accounts. Once again, if a random person wants to create a Darth Vader page he is allowed to do that and he wont get banned. Knowing the type of **bleep** that goes on in SL? Theirs most likely a reason behind the ban. Wether it be portraying yourself as a 3 year old kid in a virtual world, or putting your rez date as your birthday instead of your real birthday making it look like you are under the age of 13, posting slutty pictures repeatedly on a website that doesnt allow it and your avatar looks young(i know some freaks on this game like that **bleep**), posting weird beastiality pictures(Also a common weird **bleep**ed up thing that happens on this game). 

I just dont believe these bans are just because they are SL accounts. Something else had to provoke FB wanting to do this, and knowing the type of people that play this game I can say that confidently that is probably the case. My own RL mother uses a fake name, fake facebook account, no picture, no friends, just to play games and she hasnt been banned in the 2 years she has done it. My wife used her SL facebook account as her MAIN FB and she is a big time FB user. She would be on that **bleep** all day long, playing all types of games from candy crush to kitchen scramble and tons of others, posting pictures of our avatars and friends, she even once got a picture reported because it showed too much sideboob and they forced her to remove it, but she sure as hell never got one of these threats to verify your age. Im guessing these people put there rez dates as there birthdays, so it looks like they are extremely young. 

It just doesnt make sense to me at all and I dont believe FB is doing it for no reason. You can say im wrong til you are blue in the face,I can say you are wrong til im blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is knowing the people on this game, knowing what they are into and the type of **bleep** that goes on this game, and knowing that people do use there rez days as there avatars birthdays, I think theirs more to it than just FB not wanting SL accounts. Regardless, it sucks if you get your FB account banned but just check your info and make sure you put your real birthday, and a real location and make sure you arent posting weird ass **bleep** that most people outside of SL would call you disgusting for being into.

Alustriela wrote:

FB can and does delete SL ava accounts. Last year I made one for this ava, as all of my friends from here were there and talked me into making one too. I used my RL birthday, and RL last name even as I don't have a last name in SL. Within a few months I got a message saying my account had been put on hold for being a fictional character, and that I needed to send in verification that I was real. I instead made a different account, which within weeks had the same thing happen. Quite a few of my friends had their accounts suspended as well. We had been having problems with an individual in SL and thought perhaps she'd reported our accounts out of spite, but never knew for sure, and didn't bother trying for a third account. 

just to add in, none of us are in to any kind of freakyness that you mentioned, no xxx pics posted or dirty talk anywhere, the deletings were completely out of the blue and unexpected. 

Im guessing that person reported you repeatedly if you were having drama issues. I never had this problem with my SL FB and I used it daily. Makes sense if you were in the middle of having problems with somebody and it was happening at exactly the same time.

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

All of the links Kenbro provided are from no name websites which I can not validate as being legit, that is why I dont take them seriously.

Daniel Voyager, James Wagner Au.  People who interview Linden's and report on other VR matters on a regular basis.

So I guess you are convinced that they are just shill accounts run by Linden Lab?

And I guess alll this contact information is 'dummied up' also?

http://nwn.blogs.com/about.html

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

Im sure it does happen to some people and there FB accounts do get banned, but once again I dont believe its simply because they are SL accounts.

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

I'm quoting some parts from that link:

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook.

2. You will not create more than one personal account.

3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.

7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.

So, if the account has not been created using real name and other real information, then that can be sole reason for the account getting deleted; there need to be no other reason whatsoever. Isn't that clear enough? This is not a matter of belief, it is a fact.

Yes, i used my REAL birthdate. Which is 1981. And from reading the last few of your replies, I am thinking you're just trolling this thread. Because hard proof has been posted and you STILL argue and pretty much call everyone else a liar.

All the other posts clearly shows where facebook requires real names. Therefore, yes, they would target a secondlife account. 2 + 2 does not equal 7 my dear.

ETA:

My apologies, this was supposed to be a reply to Jandid Harcourt

Coby Foden wrote:

Jandid Harcourt wrote:

Im sure it does happen to some people and there FB accounts do get banned, but once again I dont believe its simply because they are SL accounts.

I'm quoting some parts from that link:

Facebook users provide their
real names and information
, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

You will not provide any false personal information
on Facebook.

2. You will not create more than one personal account.

3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.

7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.

So, if the account has not been created using real name and other in real information, then that can be sole reason for the account getting deleted; there need to be no other reason whatsoever. Isn't that clear enough? This is not a matter of belief, it is a fact.

Thank you Coby, Quoting this for validation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.