Blandford Lexenstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi A new SL user freind just phoned and asked me "How do I get hair of my head".. "I just clicked wear on an ICON which looked like a brown wig, from my inventory. Now I cannot remove it." She has benn able to wear and remove other items.

I know the icon she means, It's Brown i believ, and looks like a wig!. But I have no idea how to remove it, or take it off... I was warned NEVER to use that type of icon. as it cannot be removed ??? Any one help her, via me.  . Thanks Blandford. 

10 answers to this question

a little extra information

there are certain things which go together that make up your base avatar, and you are always 'wearing' those basic things no matter what, they can not be removed, only replaced by wearing a different one of the same component.  these are system hair, eyes, and shape.  most people usually wear hair created from prims and wear a system hair that has been adjusted using the sliders to be unseen, in effect bald.  that system hair can also have a texture applied and sometimes a transparent one is applied to further make it invisible.  by the way the system hair is also how the eyebrow shape is adjusted.

• Like 1

Have you tried wearing a "bald head wig".. which is what you need to cover up the default hair a newbie has

before you wear good looking prim hair..

you will find these is quite a few hair boxs you can buy, but not all..

apart from that i would not what else to do.

Message was edited by: Lynda Klossovsky... If my "bald wigs" are transferable i can send u one if you ask me to next time i log in.

• Like 1

Ansariel.Hiller wrote:

You forgot to mention the skin.

what i get foor answering before i've had my coffee. lol

skin too and skin is tricky because of the difference between system skin and painted skins.  system skin without textures applied to it can be slider adjusted to colors and dark or light.  some painted skins have some transparency which allows those sliders to also affect how they look but most don't.  but the basic truth is the same, you are always wearing a skin, and it can only be replaced with another one, not removed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.