What is the point of reporting breaches of TOS if nothing is done about it?

Marnie Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The reason I ask is because I have reported the same person over the last 4 years for breaches of TOS including verbal abuse, threats, stalking, harassment, sharing of IMs without permission and revealing real world information including name, email address and banking details and she still logs in regularly.  I have proof of everything I reported but she is still in sl.

3 answers to this question

Who says nothing is done about it?

Linden Lab investigates every Abuse Report, even the spurious ones or the hundreds that are submitted with incomplete, confusing, contradictory, or unsupported claims.  Once an AR is submitted, it's up to LL to decide whether there is enough evidence to prove that there has been a TOS violation, and then to decide whether it's serious enough that a sanction is appropriate.  All you will ever hear is an acknowledgement that they have received your AR. 

• Like 3

Once I got griefed very badly, being called a pervert and idiot that has to vanish from SL and not only verbal abuse she called her friend to grief me with pushers and such. Her intention was to get rid of the kind of my avatar. Well, I AR'ed her and her friend and it took LL about 10 minutes to close down his account and sometime later hers. All we heard from her between that was her question: "What happened to my BF?" and then she poofed too. This was evidence enough for me that AR's work, if they are filed correctly and not only done for false accuse or kindergarden disputs;) OH, I don't wanna judge YOUR reason to AR someone, I just wanna say, it works.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.