I want to start modifying stuff but dont know how

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Am really keen on redoing stuff I have bought, starting off with turning tinted windows on my driveable house boat to clear, and making the inside of the control room alpha, so I have uniterrupted views when cruising, any links that can be helpul, building instructors who help out on voluntary basis for free would be wonderful help, maybe teach a small group of us. I know of builders brewery but am not sure if they do this i.e the small group thing away from class..

If you have copy/mod perms on any object, I suggest doing some fearless experimenting.  That's the best way to learn what your building/texturing tools are capable of doing.  If you want to retint a window or change the alpha on your control room walls, go for it!  If you screw up, delete the experiment and try again.  Yes, you could take basic or even advanced building classes at someplace like Builder's Brewery or NCI, but they aren't probably going to deal with the specific cases you are interested in.  Almost any technique I have ever learned for creating and modifying things in SL is something I figured out by just playing with the tools.  You can do it too.  Be bold.

• Like 1

Like Rollig said, a lot you learn by just doing.

I mostly experimented on freebies, tearing them apart and seeeing how they were made.

I rezzed cubes and played with all the settings.

For working with just Prims, visit the Ivory Tower Of  The Primitive.  Great spot for learning some basics.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Natoma/210/164/28

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.