How do you make something?

merik813

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know that a good way to get some L$ is to make something and sell it, but what I need to know is HOW to do it. I would also like to know what things there are to make, like clothing, etc. Thank you if you actually answer this question.

3 answers to this question

You have the basic tools for creating objects in your viewer.  Here's some starter information about how to use those tools >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039

I suggest taking a few free classes at someplce like Builder's Brewery or NCI or Caledon Oxbridge University in world so that you get help from an experienced builder.  If you are serious about creating items for sale, especially if they are things to wear, you'll want to learn how to make mesh objects.  That means a lot of work learning how to use Blender or another 3D modeling program.

In the end, of course, your success will depend on how much talent and artistic vision you have.  There's a lot of competition out there, and anyone can make mediocre stuff.

• Like 1

You can make most anything your brain can imagine IF you have the skill.  If you want to make money though it has to be something that people want and your item has to be quality.

There are many people that put things up for sale and sell nothing, ever, even if they are talented.  Starting a business takes the same effort and patience it does in RL if you are looking to make money.

• Like 1

What to make?  Look around you.  Everything you see in Second Life except the land itself, and the ocean water and the sky, was made by residents just like you.  Everything your avatar wears, from the shape to the skin, the shoes and hair and clothes, was made by residents.

Clubs, and the animations there that let us dance.  Stores, and the product vendors and the contents.  Trees, flowers.  Sunbeams, for gosh sake!  Animals, insects, fish.  Vehicles, weapons.  Jewelry, furniture,  Statues and paintings.  Boulders and babbling brooks.  Fires, and rainstorms, snowstorms, and lightning.

It's all made by us.  You can be a part of that, but it will take some practice.  Once you get good, it will take a whole other skill set to set up and run a successful business.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.