I've lost my hud when I visited a land , how can I find it?

kikikidkikikid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Uh-oh.  A HUD is very tiny and often transparent unless you are looking at it from the right angle.  If you are ever tempted to rez a HUD on the ground again, I suggest finding a quiet place and rezzing your HUD on a plain, flat surface (not grass or a carpet). Then, open your editor first (CTRL + 3) and then rez the HUD.  If you do that, the HUD will automatically be selected as it's rezzed, so you won't be able to drop it.

So, what do you do now?

1. First of all, unless your HUD is a no-copy item, you still have the original one in your inventory, so forget about your mistake and just rez a new one.  Problem solved.

2. If it WAS a no-copy item (unlikely, but possible), you'll have to go back to the exact place where you rezzed it and do an exhaustive search to find it.  Unfortunately, if you rezzed it in a sandbox it is almost certainly not there any more.  Sandboxes clear the garbage every hour or two. Fortunately, clearing the garbage means sending items back to their owners.  Check your Lost & Found folder.

3. If it's completely lost, then you'll have to go buy a new one.  Sorry.  I hope it wasn't an expensive one.

• Like 4

Rolig's got you 99.9% of the way there. I'm here for the other 0.1%, if you need it. As Rolig says, HUDs are tiny things, and hard to find visually. But there's another way to find things. If the HUD hasn't been return to your inventory's Lost and Found folder, return to the place where you rezzed it, go to the "Build" menu and select "Pathfinding->Linksets". A window will open listing all the objects on the sim. Click the "Owner" column heading to sort all object by owner name, and go looking for yourself in that column. If your HUD is still on the ground, it will appear in the list. Click on it and you'll see  the "Return" button light up. Click "Return" and the HUD will be returned to your inventory.

Good luck, kikikidkikikid!

• Like 4

Here is yet another take on it.

Go back to where you lost it.  If it is still rezzed, you CAN find it again.  If you are on land you own, select About Land, Objects tab, hit Refresh.  Highlight your name in the list of people who have objects on the land.  Your objects will be highlighted, making it easier to find the HUD.

If you don't own the land, and you happen to use the popular Firestorm viewer, it has a cool function.  World/Area Search.  Click the Find tab and type in part or all of the object's name, hit Search.  When you see the item in the results list, double click it.  A small red arrow will appear in world pointing to the object.  (If you don't see the arrow, turn your avatar around, until it shows on your screen.  Use the arrow to go to where the object is.

Two other tools that can help you find small objects.  World/Show More/Beacons, and set it to show beacons for scripted objects.  There may be a lot of beacons, but your HUD will be one of them.  And CTRL+ALT+T to show transparent objects.  Some HUDs are transparent except on the side with the buttons, and can be hard to see unless you are looking at that face.

If our advice doesn't help you to find it, IM me in world.  I'll come help look.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.