TOS and private messages

Gala Caproni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can someone show me where in the TOS it says you can't copy IM's you have from one avatar to someone else?  I must be going blind, because I can't find it, and I thought for sure it was in there..... somewhere....

And if your offlines go to your email, are they still considered private?

I would suggest that as it is a TOS and CS violation here, that it could extend to that site too, but it depends on the approach. It is likely best to write the admin of that site, showing how the posting up of IM's are in breach of SL TOS and CS, quoting relevant sections with references, and try to align it with that site's TOS and thereby creating a bridging precedent with site and get it removed, as well as mentioning it is an intrusion into your personal life.

Caveat:

This is not legal advice, nor am I anyone's solicitor and have written from memory, and should be examined for yourselves. It should not be held that this information will be valid in a court of law. If legal counsel is required, please seek a practicing licensed solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction that is able to deal with raised queries or issues.

The IM was nothing talking about where my husband lived or such. It was an IM that my husband called this emo idiot, a traitor and that he was no longer welcome to our sim. This idiot took it public, wanting attention. He did deserve it cause he knew what he was doing was wrong and tried to sneak his way out of it. I so wanted to reply to his public journal but instead I reported him. Doesn't matter anyway, his new so called friends will help him go suicide or something horrible, that's how good his new friends are to him.

Reading the TOS and Community standards , this ruling seems to be focused on personal privacy I.E. Real life personal information on someone

AND anything that could be considered libelous I.E. using snippets of conversation to give an impression of defamatory views or actions . (Pick your defamatory area , gender ,race ,religion ETC... )

Lindens would be able to clarify that even more  but it is looking like a sharing of a notecard is prohibited by any violation of law . Conversations that are neither personal nor libelous ,I wouldnt think would be encompassed by this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.