Sign in to follow this  
Gala Caproni

TOS and private messages

Question

"And if your offlines go to your email, are they still considered private?"

Like the expression 'what happens in mexico stays in mexico" LL only has say over what happens inworld or an any LL platform such as this... anything that happens outside of Secondlife isn't their concern.  Say you IMed me inworld and i posted that on the SL forum, I'd be breaking the ToS... say you IMed me inworld and I posted that on Twitter, I'd be on safe ground - the only proviso is I'm not allowed to disclose anything about you past what you already have on your inworld 1st life profile.

• Like 1

Interesting question: Since the CS only mention Second Life and the Second Life Forums, what's up with XStreetSL then? Does it count to Second Life or the Second Life Forums?

I don't think it's that easy. Although LL now owns XStreetSL, they have a different TOS. So the question is

• a) does the SL CS apply here and
  • b) the SL CS only mentions Second Life and Second Life Forums, but not XStreetSL

Yes and no. They are not directly part of the TOS, but when you accept the TOS, you accept to agree to the Community Standards. See Paragraph 4.1 of the TOS.

• Like 1

Unklebob.Hotaling escribió:

"And if your offlines go to your email, are they still considered private?"

Like the expression 'what happens in mexico stays in mexico" LL only has say over what happens inworld or an any LL platform such as this... anything that happens outside of Secondlife isn't their concern.  Say you IMed me inworld and i posted that on the SL forum, I'd be breaking the ToS... say you IMed me inworld and I posted that on Twitter, I'd be on safe ground - the only proviso is I'm not allowed to disclose anything about you past what you already have on your inworld 1st life profile.

Mmm... I'm not sure, but for me this is a difficult legal question. See TOS 4.1. and specially 4.1.(i) and 4.1.(iii) - "...invasive of another's privacy...".

Well there was talk about getting rid of the point scheme but that went no-where (so far)... I'm pretty much indifferent cause I'm just here for the free donuts and open buffet myself... i see I'm now an 'expert' (me, an expert?  lol that makes me laugh) and I hope to get demigod status eventually so the titles are cool - that said i'd be 'coatcheck boi' for all the difference it makes.  I've thought before I'd like to give away my points and would if I could... why not. Another thought would be cash in some points for a fancy smancy title as opposed to those LL gives i'd be a gamer - if I could be something other than Expert i'd be Tiger Woods probably.

I wish the TOS also considered not copying the IMs on other sites.... This dumb@$$ emo guy gave everyone the look on his IM between him and my husband, on Fur Affinity. I told one of the admins of that site, he said "There is nothing in our TOS that prevents this. Sorry." That got me mad but I let it go. Nothing I can do. I even AR'd him to lindens, nothing. His account is alive as long this idiot don't go suicide on his own.