Black Screen of Death??????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Without knowing what your hardware spec is it is hard to diagnose your issue.  The symptoms you describe sound more like a local hardware issue than an SL issue, but we have no way of knowing really.

Certainly it could do no harm to check inside your computer for loose boards and give it a clean out with a blast of compressed air from a can (got from the local geek shop).

If this problem has only been occurring recently, it could be because of a recent Windows update - check to see if your problem coincides with that, and if so, try a system restore.

It could be your graphics card drivers need updating - did you check that?

How are you for RAM?  Or are you using Second Life while lots of other windows are open at the same time?

Minimise clutter, move anything you do not need on your hard drive to other media storage - usb/DVD/ (cloud, if that's your thing - not mine yet, I'm too old-fashioned). Dixk cleanup and defragment.

Run anti-virus/anti-malware software to check nothing untoward is trying to b0llo0x you up also.

And welcome to Second Life Forums, Mourning Coffey - I love your choice of name (Bring Back Last Names Ebbe Linden!!!).

And report back here please with things you try and things that work or do not work.

System specifications are always good to add when you need some help with issues such as this.  Remember computers like us humans need lots of TLC to keep them running ok.

Wishing you luck.

Thank you for all your suggestions...would have replied sooner but RL took a toll on my for the last few weeks. I will try all your fixes and hopefully it helps!

Yes, I got here just at the right time to pick my name...

"Have you had your Mourning Coffey today?"

• 8 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.