Teleport Grey and not available to non friends

Rya Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Darn good question, the staff at the club I manage have to tp in people wanting a limo and we run into this on occasion - I've never heard the right answer yet.  I'm going to check out the knowledge base; when you're inworld click the 'world' button and search for "Help Island Public"... if you teleport there that's where the SL Mentors and smart techie people hang and are available for questions.  Ideally this will be answered but if not and you find out why please let me know!

*smacks his forehead thinking dayum i've only wondered that for 2yrs, talk here all the time but duh never even thought to ask LOL*

• Like 1

The reason is because you have marked yourself "Online to Friends/Groups" only under your preference.  By doing this, it hides your online status to anyone who's not on your friends' list or in shared group.

Two options to fix this:

1. Unhide your online status under preferences- make so anyone can see whether or not you're online.  Then, anyone pulling up your profile can teleport you.

2. Or, if the person trying to TP you uses CTRL+ALT+V, it will pull up administrator options.  One of these options is it will "ungray" the teleport button, regardless of whether the person in question is actually online or not.  Or if their online status isn't shown, such as yours, it allows them to TP you.

"There are no SL mentors anymore.  I just posted a question and had no response, nor help"

No there haven't been mentors in months.  You posted a question, but you didn't mark it as a question... as such it is labelled as a discussion titled "I AM UPSET"

That could be why it got no response; it wasn't marked as a question nor asked anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.