Can't log on...message says SL has stopped working

Merrymay Lorgsval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

Hello, I wld like to help but ur post isn't clear enough to understand wht's happening with u... wht's the exact error message r u getting and when u try to open SL page does it open and then froze or it doesn't open at all...???

Usually no need to go directly to uninstall it & reinstall but as long as u did it and still nothing change... I'm afraid u have to give more information as u can.. Sorry!

But did you delete all of SL? You need to delete the cache directory too in order to perform a clean reinstall. The cache location is shown in the preferences network tab. So when you uninstall make sure you also back up any chat logs and get rid of the old cache directory before reinstalling.

Well I wld try to download Snowglobe, maybe from it u wld be able to log in.. No need to uninstall second life, just follow the link below and install it regulary. { Just clear ur cache again pls bfr installing Sglobe } On ur desktop u'll have 2 Icons shortcuts one for previous SL and the other for Snowglobe... Both r for second life world..

Log in using Snowglobe Icon and tell me pls if it did work or not & if not wht the error msg ur getting.. All the best..

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Snowglobe_Release/1.1

Chanty...

Hello Don, with Premium membership you have access to Live Chat, please see the link on the Support page http://support.secondlife.com/

Live Chat for Premium Support

The following Live Chat support groups can answer your questions or walk you through submitting
a ticket that has all of the information needed to solve your problems:

• Billing Live Chat

Our Billing Support team handles issues with outworld currency transactions (Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Paypal).
  • Inworld Live Chat

Our Inworld Support team handles issues that affect you while logged
    into Second Life (L$ transactions, building objects or your avatar).
  • Outworld Live Chat

Our Outworld Support team handles issues with your computer accessing
    Second Life (software crashes, graphics problems, connection issues).
  • Click here to start Live Chat

Hope this helps

If you cannot log into Second Life, please first check Second Life Grid Status Reports which provides information about service disruptions or scheduled outages. Follow updates via RSS feed and Twitter.

Then, please   Submit a Ticket with Support at http://secondlife.com/support/ This is available for all Account types see Ticket Types

Basic account holders and Guests can submit tickets for the following issues:

• Account issue: Use these if you're having a problem creating or logging into their account.
    • I can't login inworld with my account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.

Hope this helps

You'll never get a credit when SL is down LOL its down far to often.. still in beta testing.

It kinda sounds like it might be a windows error.. you'll have to go in manually and delet the rest of SL if you dont know or not sure of how to do it

www.tune-up.com has a ROCKING fully working demo that will clear up any mess on a wondows platform.. I used the demo loved it so much I bought the full corp version for my networks.

After ya run that then reinstall SL and ya should be good to go ;-)

I have the same problem, started a couple days ago. SL will run fine but if I logout or crash then when I try to restart it says "Detecting hardware" then in about 5 seconds I get the Windows dialog telling me "Second life has stopped working", Windows is checking for a solution. If I then run the latetest installation file, without uninstalling, SL will load and run fine. But when I quit or crash again the same thing happens. It's like it runs only once and then I have to run the install again. I have tried uninstall and reinstall several times, same results. I tried to do a complete and utter removal of all SL files after uninstalling and got the same results. Maybe something in the Registry or some other file I missed, but this is clearly a bug. I've been in SL over 2 years and never had this problem. Maybe something in Vista contributing to the problem, don't know. I'm going to open a ticket see if LL can help.

As an IT person I just wanted to shed a little more light on this as I expect more people will encounter this problem. I will post any updates.

TTFN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.