When my basic account will be closed? Is it free?

togoshi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday I wanted to close my basic account but there was an info about 12.24 billing rate. Why? Could you axplain? Some person here adviced me to call you to report problem this way. Why? It is basic account, it costs nothing! So, what to report? And my core question - when my account will be finally closed? Note, I didnt' want to restore it but just to close. I was using it for several days as a basic free account.

3 answers to this question

You do not have to pay anything to close a basic account. Basic accounts are free, but your first question was very misleading, thats why you got adviced to call billing support. The only thing that would cost you money, is if you want a restore a closed account.

You were not advised to "report" a problem.  Lindal advised you that "You should call Billing and inquire about this." If you ever have a non-technical question about your account -- such as a question about a charge that you do not understand -- you should make the free telephone call to the billing office and ask.  As SL residents, we do not have access to your account and cannot answer a question about it, but the billing office can.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

Why do you ask this question again and again? If you want to know, whats going on, you need to call LL as Lindal suggested. This here is only resident to resident help and we can't look into your account. Please don't open a new question for that problem, just edit the old one. A guess from me is that the amount stated there on your account page is only charged if you really decide to reopen your account. And your account goes on hold for some time too as you can rad here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.3.1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.