I am trying to export an object from SL into Blender, but cannot find any way to export. Any advice?

Rebekah Cavan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Objects made from prims in Second Life can't be exported directly as mesh objects.

There are some tools available which will let you build a prim object, and will then generate a mesh from the object that you can then download from a web site and import into Blender, for example this one:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mesh-Generator-Convert-Prim-into-Mesh/5445477

I haven't used that particular item and cannot vouch for it.  However, I will say that I expect learning to use Blender to create things from scratch will probably be more flexible (and a heck of a lot cheaper!)

• Like 1

Certain TPVs (inc Singularity) have this option. Select the object and in Tools there

are options to save as OBJ or DAE (which can be imported to Blender). Be aware that the item

must be totally yours and also the models exported will need a lot of cleaning up but

its a great way to get into Blender =^^=

• Like 1

I do this often. If you are using Firestorm it can be done. Lets say you build an object out of multiple prims. After it is linked. Right click the object and follow these instructions.

1. Click more

2. Click more

3. Click Save As

4. Select Collada.

5. Choose if you wish to save textures applied to your object.

6. Click save as and choose your file location.

7. Import into Blender

• Like 2

On 2/26/2016 at 5:48 PM, Alastair Umino said:

I do this often. If you are using Firestorm it can be done. Lets say you build an object out of multiple prims. After it is linked. Right click the object and follow these instructions.

1. Click more

2. Click more

3. Click Save As

4. Select Collada.

5. Choose if you wish to save textures applied to your object.

6. Click save as and choose your file location.

7. Import into Blender

This works very well, thank you for posting it. It's a good way to upgrade my older prim projects piece by piece in Blender. My version of Firestorm is 6.3, I'm glad it's still in there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.