add a last name

SpookyHarmony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi! i created a new account with a one word username. my regular viewer is having trouble and when i tried to use phoenix, it wont let me sign in since i dont have a last name. how can i create a last name and/or bypass the last name in phoenix to be able to sign in as just my username? Thanks! SpookyHarmony

5 answers to this question

Hi SpookyHarmony and welcome to second life..

You log in with the user name you made when you created the avatar, not the display name, but the user name.

My user name is Madam Martian and my displayname is Lis... I can only log in with Madam Martian and not with Lis..

+ My Alt is called MrsLis, and I can only log her in as Mrslis Resident (since she also has no last name)

so you will have to log in as SpookyHarmoney Resident

Thank you for correcting me Lindal, that was kind of you..

I hope I did not confuse you even more SpookyHarmoney ;) if I did, then I am sorry..

• Like 1

Your name is SpookyHarmony Resident for any viewers or other things that want a last name.

But Phoenix has been blocked.  You'll need to download the latest version of Firestorm (from the makers of the Phoenix viewer) or one of the other third party viewers.

1. You can't use the Phoenix viewer.  It's obsolete and non-functional for over a year.

2. You can't have a last name.  Last names were made obsolete for new accounts after 2010.

3.  If you ever find a viewer that requires a last name for login (are there any of those left?), your "last name" is RESIDENT.  Wear it proudly, comrade.

You have it backwards, Madam. The Display Name is the one you can change once per week. The username is now a one-word alphanumeric string, established at signup, and can never be changed. Usernames used to have both a first name and a last name, (e.g., "Lindal Kidd") but LL changed to the new system about 2 years back. There are still a few things like third party viewers that want a last name, and for those with the new one-word usernames, it's "Resident".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.