Security question about keyloggers

VidaSTARR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive heard someone is going around hacking alot of residents, he's posting his results on a blogspot, im obviously not going to post the link, but i have been on it, im just wondering if your details can be taken through a blogspot? just by clicking the link? is this possible or not? thank you!

VidaSTARR wrote:

Ive heard someone is going around hacking alot of residents, he's posting his results on a blogspot, im obviously not going to post the link, but i have been on it, im just wondering if your details can be taken through a blogspot? just by clicking the link? is this possible or not? thank you!

To be clear, you are wondering if it's possible for you to get infected by visiting his Website?

Yes, a Website can carry malicious software.

Owned by google means nothing, I can inject my own ad's using my own html code with blogger.  it would be simple to spoof SL login page and have people enter taht information and then store it and use it for what ever causes they wanted.  that's why

you do not enter your information onto sites that you do not trust. 

also grabbing it without you inputting it highly unlikely.  that's how pages get a quick kill from google is that kind of method, putting information on the site is freedom of information and they tend to not act on that. 

so simple advice, dont derp and put information onto his site.

VidaSTARR wrote:

I mean i would never put my details onto a website i knew for sure wasnt legit, im just wondering though, even by just VISITING the page can they get your details?

I don't know why you keep asking that question as it has been answered twice with a detailed explanation of how. So let me answer it for you a third time:

YES!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.