should I go premium for a linden home?

MizzKittenzz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm somewhat new, so yes I was curious is going premium worth it for a linden home and the weekly stipend ? I heard that they can ban you if you decide you no longer want to be a premium member, is that true? Also if I do go premium and get the home can I rent it out to a roommate? Oh also is the prims it allows enough to furnish it decently?? Thanks.

If you go premium pay a year for 72 dollars for a year,  that 6 dollars a month, instead of paying 10 dollars monthly. You get over 4 dollars a month back in linden currency. The free house isn't great, but if u get a one room one you can furnish it reasonably if you buy low prim furniture.

As for your account being blocked, if u want to discontinue premium membership just revert to the free account before the billing due date.

I'd just warn that Linden Homes are really showing their age these days, so the idea of renting one out -- or even using it for oneself, if one is watching developments elsewhere in SL -- may be a bit optimistic. On the plus side, those developments have made possible compelling furnishing with very low land-impact (given careful shopping of newer Mesh+materials creations). But that same development has left the prim+sculpty shells of Linden Homes and their built surroundings looking pretty old and tired.

(Also, the "renting out" thing might not be permitted, exactly, but I don't think anybody is going to fuss about an informal arrangement. On the other hand, it may not be a very nice rental arrangement anyway because, as far as I know, you can't transfer land on Linden Homes regions, so you can't make it group-owned, so a renter can't have quite all the parcel management abilities they might expect.)

Its actually a ToS violation to rent that linden home out. And you'll have trouble doing it anyway as the perms on things are rather locked down.

They're meant only for non-commercial personal use.

I find it worthwhile still to go premium. Buy a 512 or 560m lot on mainland, and rez your own hom on the ground or in the sky. Land in many places is so cheap, the cost of a 560m lot is less than a latte at Starbucks (in some places, it can be as much as buying a new RL car... but those are very rare and have been sitting there unsold for years. Most SL land is really cheap).

- Building ANYTHING in the sky is a ToS violation on a linden home, so that's another reason to go with mainland if you still desire premium: you can build where you want on your land: ground, sky, underwater, boat on the water, etc...

As a sales agent for Dream Seeker Estates, I think you'd be better off getting land of your own and setting up a much nicer home on the land.. You'll have many more options (such as doing a skybox, or even multiple platforms in the sky), terraforming, landscaping, controlling your own music, and the freedom to choose how many people to have on your land and subleasing if you choose to do so..

If you'd like to discuss this option, please IM me in world..

Doob Deluca (doobie322)

Sales Agent

Dream Seeker Estates

I'm actually looking into buying a house with land if that's possible? Could I even own land and a house while still being on basic membership (not premium). Also I am very curious as to what it would cost to own a home and land, like outright buy it? Thanks to anyone who replies or who have replied, I sincerly appreciate it!

MizzKittenzz wrote:

I'm actually looking into buying a house with land if that's possible? Could I even own land and a house while still being on basic membership (not premium). Also I am very curious as to what it would cost to own a home and land, like outright buy it? Thanks to anyone who replies or who have replied, I sincerly appreciate it!

No you don't have to be Premium to own land, you can always buy from an Estate.  (See the other sub sections in this area of the Forum)

What you will always have no matter which way you go is your monthly fees.

So you can spend ten dollars a month for a tiny parcel with a small home or you can spend five hundred a month for a landscaped region complete with a mansion.

So a lot is going to depend on your budget.

Some people are perfectly content with a simple Linden Home which if you pay yearly is only going to cost you about seven dollars a month.  But we don't know your tastes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.