MESH DRESSES FOR GIRLS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having a really hard time here. Trying to help my daughter find mesh clothes for her size. She's 8 and it seems all clothes are for toodleles or whatever they're called.

We have found some nice casual clothing and sleep wear, however she needs some formal wear - like for atteding theater shows, ballet or whatever.

Here's the only thing remotely close to formal we've found in mesh:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Perm-Rigged-Mesh-Girls-Gown-Dress-Fashion-Kit/4319134

Does anyone have any other suggestion? Or are there any creators who would be willing to make custom dresses for my daughter?

Thank you!

I suspect there is too much variation in size for girls above toddler stage until the reach the age where they can wear standard sizes to make it profitbale for creators to make mesh gowns for them as there probably is a limited market.  We now have fitted mesh so perhaps when more fitted mesh dresses come out this will be less of a problem.

You could persue custom work by posting in the employment section of this forum where custom meshers look for work, however be prepared to pay a very steep price,  Most would charge 10K or a lot more for a custom dress depending on how elaborate it is.

The dress you linked to seems appropriate to me and comes in several colors.  If you or your daughter have basic photoshop skills it would be easy to texture it differently too.  Traditionally young girls didn't and still don't wear floor length gowns for formal wear. They wear shorter dresses at formal events I've attended that include children.  If you google little girls formal dresses you will see a number of them that length or just slightly higher or lower.  Personally I don't like floor length gowns on kids, it makes them look like they are trying to be adults and I think they evolved mostly for pagaents because that's the only place I've seen them  The dress you found if worn with lace tights and maryjanes would look great IMO.

Thanks for the info. She did try the demo of the dress posted and it does not fit right. very odd when sitting. Can you imagine the huge skirt up in the air almost to her face? x_x

I think I will look into this fitted mesh you mentioned. never heard of it. Also will post under employment

ty! :)

All poofy mesh skirts/dresses will look that way when sitting. There is no magic to perform, from the creators side, to make the skirt rigged differently when the avatar sits down, compared to standing up. A fitted mesh poofy skirt will behave exactly the same.

Long, slimmed skirts will follow the body closer when sitting down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.