Marketplace pictures issues

Ethereal Faerye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, havn't been here for a while, trying to update my MP listings.... again. I just can't seem to get it right and i've dropped trying a couple of times now and about to give up on MP alltogether. I've been trying to use this merchant out box for at least a year now, been trying to upload pictures for just as long but i'm getting tired of trying to use this site. It's demotivating.

Finally figured out how to work this associated item thing so i can update my folders.
Last time i tried, i converted all my pictures from .tga to .png but it still won't take them. They're the right size, the right dimensions, the right file type. What could go wrong, right?

It really is time for something thats EASY TO USE. I've been in here for 7 years but the MP is the most user-unfriendly thing i have EVER used and i'm not exactly dumb either. Is this maybe the reason why there are so few products on the MP nowadays? You're missing a lot of revenue, LL peeps!

Can anyone help me, please? Do i need to convert the pictures to yet ANOTHER type? I don't know anymore, i would really like to get this done now, i have deactivated everything since the new marketplace system came and i havn't been able to get it right since.

What error message do you get when you fail to upload a picture? I think it should give you some error message like this:

["Attachment content type is not one of the following supported image formats - jpg, png, gif"]

Image requirements:
  • Minimum dimensions: At least 512 x 512 pixels.
  • Recommended dimensions: 700 x 525 pixels (W x H). Larger images will be resized to fit within these dimensions.
  • Aspect Ratio: The aspect ratio of the above dimensions are 1:1 and 4:3, respectively.
  • File type: PNG, JPEG or GIF.

my listings begin with listing dates, not with nr's, i have no way of retrieving these numbers so i can't check. i do remember taking all my stuff down when that disaster happend with all the corrupted pictures and i couldn't get it fixed then and i can't get it fixed now. my NEW listings have no problems at all, just the old ones i had to deactivate due to the transition/picture issues.

What would be a way to go about this because obviously these listings arn't going to work anymore. i've randomly tried a couple, and they all have the same issue, i'm affraid all 100-some items from that same period of time. Did anyone have this same issue and how did they fix it? The only way i see how to fix this is delete the corrupted listings anr re-upload them with the merchant outbox. Anyone?

I have been trying to upload pictures to the MP the past few days - of a three picture set, only the first displayed - the others were loaded, but nothing was showing (I could delete them). So I tried changing them from png to jpg, no luck. Finally I renamed them, they were called:

Steamy Punkster Gothic Ad2 and Steamy Punkster Gothic Ad3

Then I changed the name to 

SteamyAd2 and SteamyAd3 and they worked.

I am going to try an repeat the error and file a jira if necessary - but I don't know if it was the name, the file type or just a random MP issue.

I have never had any issues.

I ALWAYS have png files of the correct size and they NEVER have spaces in the file name (old web page designer). So spaces may definitely be part of the problem.  Also there is a limit on the number of characters in a file name sometimes so too many characters could be a problem too.

Keep it simple :D

I posted a question about this issue in another forum further down without any answer that explained it.

What I've learned is that: 1. this only happens for me when I use the Safari browser ; and, 2. when I try to upload in anything other than .png format.

Again for me, this has only ever happened when I use Safari for creating listings.

At least some of these blank image problems are a bad interaction with Adblock Plus and similar, which people have been using more recently to counter LL's banner ads. Avoid image filenames that have words like ad, advert etc. in them.

Even if you don't normally use an ad blocker, it's probably a good idea to test your listings with one on, to make sure your customers don't run afoul of the filters.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.