remember the corrupt picture problem? I think it's worse than that

Alexia Cournoyer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just sold an item that probably hasn't been listed by me since before I brought everything over from xstreet but I did the direct delivery transfer for everything that was in the magic boxes - listed or not

it's one of those corrupt picture ones - colour me unsurprised.

marketplace-defect-A---my-broken-listing.jpg

I've just compared the number of listed items against the number of items listed on my storefront and there's 1 missing from the storefront - you guessed it, the item that probably hasn't been listed since 2009 and has a corrupt picture.

marketplace-defect-B---Manage-listings-total.jpg

(and looking at the position in the list, it appears it was activated around the time I did the DD transfer as it's close to the top - (they're in what I think is slm listing order). )

marketplace-defect-E---my-storefront-total.jpg

ffs

The transfer was smooth, i dumped the items in the merchant outbox and swapped them out *and* updated all my active listings to say unpacking was required.  Yet the item sold has the "use it now" on it, which points to me never making it active.

I can't find the item doing a search on its name but when I do a search on the item name in the pic (voodoo king) it gets returned in the search return and the actual item that the picture belongs to is also there - and it has a completely different picture!  and the item number is 1423238  which I thought was outside the corrupt listing range.

marketplace-defect-D---his-broken-listing.jpg

I feel a bit sorry for the seller, out of 12 listings I found that were around mine, 8 of them are corrupt.

marketplace-defect-C-My-listing-in-his-storefront.jpg

Two things

1. if you do have listings in the 140,000 range then check the number of listings on your storefront against the number of listed items on your manage listings page.  If you have any missing from the storefront, I think I know where they've gone.

2. I haven't tried to take it down yet (or to contact the buyer to see if it still works!) so is there anything else I should look for or do before I tackle the listing.  This is the most important as we have a live corruption that I can do something about so we might as well put it through its paces before I do the mercy killing thing.

oh, and I seem to remember there was a problem with these items, either multiple copies were delivered or the perms were wrong..  can anyone remember?

and LL - take this as a defect report as I'm damned if I'm going to waste yet more of my time jigging around with your jira.

the pictures aren't really important, they just back up the text (LL can't say I haven't been thorough)

The tl;dr version

I have an active listing that has a corrupt picture.  It doesn't show on my storefront because it's listed on the storefront of the picture owner and is indexed as search using the listing details of the picture is attached to

Interestingly the item number of his listing is not in the 140,000 range, which I think we'd always assumed was the boundary of the problem

one way you can see if you have anything out there is to check the number displayed on your manage listings (listed) page against what your storefront says.

1. The way I outlined above has a good chance of telling you if you have any corrupt listings out there that aren't on your storefront.

2.  I can get to the listing and can change the pic and delist it - before I do, are there any tests we should run before I delist it

3. there was an issue around the delivery of these items (perms or the number of items delivered) I'm looking to see if anyone can remember

if you want to see the pics a little bigger, it seems you can view them via my profile.  They're sitting down the bottom rhs

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Remember the corrupt picture problem ? Well i can i forget it ? i have still 4 ones on my mp store... it s not just a memory... its still active right now ...

Ditto and in my case the wrong image listings aren't replacing the items I sell, they are duplicates of it with the corrupted photos.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Remember the corrupt picture problem ? Well i can i forget it ? i have still 4 ones on my mp store... it s not just a memory... its still active right now ...

Ditto and in my case the wrong image listings aren't replacing the items I sell, they are duplicates of it with the corrupted photos.

And we cant even edit these listings !

Sea Warcliffe wrote:

I still have one, and lucky me it shows third if you sort my shop by best selling... :matte-motes-sick:

In frustration I did delist the item the wrong picture was associated with and created a new listing hoping the bad one would go away. No help, still there...

From what I understand, the listing with the wrong picture has to be taken down by the merchant who owns that photo....that is if they are still in SL.

In my case I actually know (as in acquaintance) the person whose photos are on 4 of my listings.  I contacted her and we had a good laugh about it.  In her case, the mixed listings she had showed up on her edit menu and she was able to delete them but, as Trinity said, others don't even show up in edit.

I posted here awhile back about if I should ask my acquaintance if she would mind taking down the four listings and putting them back up after they are off my store, but then she would lose any reviews, the rankings, etc. plus, even though it is not our fault, LL "could" use the "delisting" rule....so...there they stay.

Did any of you bother to check your manage listings total against what your storefront says?

I have a discrepancy of 1 in the other direction - ie I have 1 more on my storefront than I do in my manage listings - this is the dud one that has the right picture but goes to the marketplace homepage because I deleted the listing long ago.  i.e it's the one which I'm keeping as my storefront mascot.

If you find you have more listed in your manage listings list than you do on your storefront, it means you should have some of the corrupt listings and can get to them to change the picture back to your own and/or delist it.  So check your listing totals and have a look - then you'll need to go down your list of listed items to see which ones are missing from the storefront - a sucky job if you've got lots of them

I really don't know what is going on with this, it really is a mess.  Did you ever manage to find out who the owner of the pic is?  Perhaps they can do something.

eta:  I just had a look at that listing.  Can you tell me what happens if you relist it again?  does it still go to the marketplace homepage or does it go to your listing?

When it's relisted, can you edit the listing to remove the picture?  or can you add more pics and make one of the others the main image?

At the moment it looks like my mascot but I can't do anything with that because not only did I delist it but then deleted the listing - so it's uneditable for me.

as an update: I've now taken that corrupt listing down. 

As it was in my manage listings list, even though it had the other sellers pic and search details attached to it, I was able to remove the picture and delist the item.  It has now moved back to my unlisted list *and* has vanished from his storefront and from search when I use his keywords for it.

So I was able to clean it up quickly and without any fuss.

The thing I havent done is relisted it as I don't want to continue selling it.  So I don't know what will happen in that situation.  I'll leave that to someone else who actually wants to have their item listed to try it and report back.

yes lol, you know ive checked already everything..

i even reactivated my old magic box, relisted the 4 "wrong" items, kept them for one week to see if by miracle they relink with the 4 wrong listing... and well nothing..

then i went in the old xstreet website.. there delete everything... everything..

and still... 

On top, as Sea.. im lucky... 2 of the 4 wrong items are shown in my first page by relevance.(the ugliest of the 4 ones is first), the 2 other ones are in my second page., so that make me think that relevance search according by LL is everything but certainly not relevant ! 

Then since im extremly lucky, if i search by best selling, the 4 ones are N° 2,3,4 and 5 !!!!!! Im lucky enough to have a freebie of mine at the first place lol...

well....so on top, of being so lucky, the pics are not what i would call some really great pics... one is a plain and simple screen shot that is on top horribly ugly.. the 3 other ones are better but still, not the best i ever seen and really not matching with my vendor style.. and anyway... they are not mine, they have nothing to do on MY mp store...

but well... we will be in one month able to celebrate the first bday of this bug...i guess i should organize a party for the occastion :smileywink:

I wasn't really replying to you, I was replying to the OP but for some reason it decided to pick you as the favoured one :)

Did you do the count to make sure that you don't have anything out there that you don't know about?

I forgot to say when I suggested relisting it that what I was hoping for was for you to put the same named item back and it would miraculously bring back the old item listing so you could attach the two and then fix.  (this used to be the way that onrez worked, if you detached the item from the listing the listing would vanish until you put back the item with the same name - although it didn't work if you'd deleted the listing - I did tell you it was grasping at straws :( )

Perhaps we need a thread with the rogues gallery so we can see if we can try to identify the owners of the pictures.  There doesn't seem to be anything else to be done.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I wasn't really replying to you, I was replying to the OP but for some reason it decided to pick you as the favoured one
:)

sorry, since i saw it as a repply to my post i thought it was one lol..:smileywink:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I forgot to say when I suggested relisting it that what I was hoping for was for you to put the same named item back and it would miraculously bring back the old item listing so you could attach the two and then fix.  (this used to be the way that onrez worked, if you detached the item from the listing the listing would vanish until you put back the item with the same name - although it didn't work if you'd deleted the listing - I did tell you it was grasping at straws
:(
)

i did it exactly as you said, it was the exact same name, since there were the original items from where the bug happened.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Perhaps we need a thread with the rogues gallery so we can see if we can try to identify the owners of the pictures.  There doesn't seem to be anything else to be done.

it sounds like a good idea.. im going to see if i can have a moment for this.. but i dont have a lot of hope, pp who read the forum are not a lot.

Since i cant even clik on the pics, neither get their name, neither dl them, i cant googlize them...at least from what i know...

sorry lovey I forgot about this thread.

If you use firefox there's a plugin called "google similar images".  if you use that and right click on the image you'll see an option that says "google this image".  The one with the hair texture comes up with a few options - one of them might be the owner, or possibly they're all corrupt listings

https://encrypted.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZishur8e1xAZkv4yylTogmW9G9dmLgZSS9AyfiM_1AjYkKTx3TOCslehkhsnXrVP01Y09OvioSQeP5YmfuDL1QDFqgqQ7N7R7utwZBmW0GHvt-Yp1ZXDC3fIi8rpR4dVQ5sAydKmhW2mRj0bautz0NSxOz-HhSJj1uG62rlk6qRZBlUqeWlzWatx8Ii4uDQ0FDClR1XyA2VBNPtVFdMxhc8vqmNlZdOOTAb3PRT9okBbfU10SdiNyhJRFSOytt42qmv0NP8Ock2bzN4GaEZaQ_1xgJO_1VO8S7reEc7fAvF5namLj-8rdlhH2sX-sQdyBAbJrXNA0DFKJCKnrUiuvtElu3HKMiRsebNMEg6F3vX2sY7AnsyUNHDvG65zrovv2bGG9UwUqYL3-U8ZojvKOtrmZGgEWQTsM-LgiDY6jbD19k84fOphclkStMMvmPme8wIL2b-ndmI2X4FtYZOSpprPw4HUesFEF9ilSfEuEELYarX91qOyHQILLqQuG_19dZ4nhRzMSkkqVj_1flE7ytzPJF5CLzYOY_1R6KtryJJ02NvPyBjnye3XQ4w5sYuB-FFXmTWvdhFgQLf14x4Ol2cQ2FnPTiiVbs6nMNlYF6tWCHoybkDuaMPWk-PKYnNxRywSKD252_1lA5N260-vo-JawTVcP5gO-12U6WD5SvOod34VS0S58LRPKOUeCKxi9LPYkUAX018qHijA0cNfCPsOuAUVQFHSegUmM5Hnl-ocKh5KJF6kc6JNnDC9C-9ZW_1mtjRUhGCs9FrMKA7272yMl52BLYOPusdN9eMq0TF2GbCFH6WpT3w2Tik7fKB0eiFDQtBL-aPtBP5b6GmioKjw6sQlJwgfQZrliMO7YBxL7QVXcdHeuUCqhZKsS8qgUEc8ejo1Jz2FuT6YcALKHZQRcFMzpgy62RkrHLBA5x-lODk4fYwG9tOUlUs_1sgx5M0owrCkm8EzXxL_1UjOj6fpV72L7MgtwfM6MJBNyVgfz35V-IEhgbUn69bcrXLDvDNPgALJk3MEroL2Sq1zPcE5ysBzEmNsDQoPmrsdLMm2W7egHUjN9QlUPw2957KAZZiXGevTtG4AflsFRqgeGfRrckue5JeE2IxbIRi3O5PIKVzBn1jxdLMP1wMHo70ZdXSIXnr889kahCpunknyaEDlIapb357Z5Tl6OapvkynQ0rOjBayZJpMSErhSImZaixCYTapqygWVC3g0yOogwwdYO_1oYEtyNB_1WprbyvfGAnsZgLV4JXLnQRa69Ioezqu4g6I9glXPPdcSYuIbrLhhBYThk4LBdKmlAdbGkUFyM9nPr7WmkSwdA7STzOM

It might help you track the owner down.

Otherwise it the only option is a mugs gallery thread.

well unfortunately... ive tried with google with this image and with tineye.. 

For 3 of them : nothing. The only answer i get is my own mp store :smileymad: (what make me crazy lol, i dont want my name is associated with those pics!)

For the hair one, that you tried too, yes i got the same results, some of them are same as mine, i mean they are not linked to any mp product page but to the mp homepage. for 3 of them they are not related to the description neither to the category, so i guess they are wrong pic displayed but maybe the storeowner is lucky enough to be able to edit the product listing and fix the pic, idk..

Maybe i should make a club with these merchants lol.

Ive also made search by name : in the shoes pic, i may read "sassy", ive made a search by merchant name with "sassy" inside, none of them are selling this item.

Same with the hair pic "deviant kitties outlet", i didnt find mp store with such name. 

so again, back to nothing...:smileyfrustrated:

Ill prob contact the merchants with the hair pic on their mp store to see if they can tell me more, but i have zero hope.

I guess the only way to fix this is that LL devs do it themselves... but well, obviously they dont care....They dont even care to give an update about it ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.