I can't teleport out of a certain region I'm stuck in

Capra Kroll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I can't seem to Teleport out of the starting point with my avatar. it's stuck at the region Cal State Northridge I have a last name for this account, yet It can not Teleport out. 

I used another site other than the Second life official about a year ago. and for some reason I was able to sign in the same Grid, I am of age I set my correct Birthday. 2/7/93 and it's just not able to teleport out of that reagion.

6 answers to this question

Hello I can't seem to Teleport out of the starting point with my avatar. it's stuck at the region Cal State Northridge I have a last name for this account, yet It can not Teleport out. 

I used another site other than the Second life official about a year ago. and for some reason I was able to sign in the same Grid, I am of age I set my correct Birthday. 2/7/93 and it's just not able to teleport out of that reagion.

If you are a minor under the age of 16, you are here on a restricted account.  You will not be able to leave the sim where your sponsoring institution is centered.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life

I am curious about how you got an account with a last name, BTW.  You entered SL in 2013, but last names have not been available since 2010 except under very restrictive (and expensive) corporate conditions.

Capra Kroll wrote:

[ .... ]

Cool!  I didn't realize that any of those reserved registration sites were still around that late.  You lucked out. :smileylol:

OK, well you are not on a restricted account and, in fact, are not a minor at all now, so that's not the issue.  The next thing to check is your firewall.  Teleporting can be blocked by an overly restrictive firewall, such as you might find on a college campus.  If your firewall is blocking outbound TCP port 12043, then teleporting, viewing the World Map, crossing regions, and related activities won't work. Check with the campus IT department, and refer them to this page for the information that they may need for giving you access >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539#Section_.3

I would double-check with your instructors about whether you are able to leave the sim with this account.

This is because I can't find the reference immediately but I'm pretty sure that, a couple of years ago, when one of the regulars over the road at SLU discovered that new accounts with last names could still be created via some educational establishments, he did a bit of research and found the account he'd created was limited in various ways, including not being able to leave the school's sim.

If I remember, I'll try to look out the actual post over the next day or so.

Found the thread.  See here and following.   As you will see, people were able to use the school's registration portal to create new accounts with last names, but found they couldn't leave the sim.

Capra Kroll wrote:

I'm guessing the site you used to create your account was associated with Cal State Northridge and in the interim either they or Linden Lab set the accounts created there so they can only go to the Cal State Northridge region. Probably nothing you can do about it if that's the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.