Things I'd Like To See Made

LaurelLance89

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if you are correct. I've seen Fangtasia night club from True Blood and complete avatars from TVD for sell in the marketplace.

Fangtasia

Also, lots of true blood stuff comes up when you search Fangasia, True Blood or anything that is specific to the show.

TVD

Same with tvd.

I've also seen Charmed themed stuff. Like Whightlighter and Darklight teleporting.

Just because you've seen it offered doesn't mean it's therefore "ok".  It usually just means that the copyright holder hasn't filed a DMCA notice against the infringing content.

Further, it's a requirement for creators to not only hold copyright on anything uploaded but to also grant LL rights to do what the hell they like with it, including re-sell.  While this is a very broad and contentious issue, you can be mostly certain that the other content shouldn't be here.

From the ToS http://lindenlab.com/tos#tos2 :-

2.7 You agree to respect the Intellectual Property Rights of other users, Linden Lab, and third parties.

You agree that you will not publish, or submit to any part of the Service, any Content that is protected by Intellectual Property Rights or otherwise subject to proprietary rights, including trade secret or privacy rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to upload, publish, or submit the Content and to grant Linden Lab and users of the Service all of the license rights granted in these Terms of Service.

From the Mesh upload info http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Uploading-a-mesh-model/ta-p/974185 :-

Before you can upload mesh objects, you must:

• Complete the Mesh IP Tutorial (if you're using the Aditi beta grid, click here instead), which verifies your knowledge of intellectual property rules. Be sure you own the rights or have permission from the rights owner before uploading your mesh content. Violations of intellectual property rights can result in the suspension or termination of your Second Life account and may even cause the permanent revocation of your ability to upload mesh objects!

Learn how copyright works in Second Life and the real world. Is a good idea, since penalties are legal and can easily lead to the closure of your Second Life account.

SL Forums: IP Questions

DMCA Summary

Chilling Effects: Copyright FAQ

Stanford: Copyright and Fair Use

What's currently available on Marketplace has nothing to do with what is allowed.

LaurelLance89 wrote:

Pretty sure copyrights don't include actors.

Lol. Being 'pretty sure' will not get you out of legal hot water. I've not clicked your links but don't need to - intent is pretty clear in your publicly searchable, Google indexed post. ;)

Even if your assessment of what you're hoping to steal a likeness of was accurate: Actors own their own likeness, name and identity. E.g. building a Bruce Willis mesh would put you at risk of DMCA, account termination and lawsuit.

But yeah, you're trying to steal a copyrighted character. A character invented by someone else - whose likeness, appearance and mannerisms are intellectual property of their creator. E.g. building a Batman mesh will put you at risk of DMCA, account termination and lawsuit.

Educate yourself.

Either way,

When did I say I was or wanted to make anything? The subject is things i'd like to see made.  I don't even know why I'm arguing with you about laws, lol.

Please read the subject line before you try to insult someones intelligence or try to tell someone what they are trying to do.

LaurelLance89 wrote:

Either way,

When did I say I was or
wanted
to make anything? The subject is
things i'd like to see made.  
I don't even know why I'm arguing with you about laws, lol.

You didn't but since it's posted in the wanted forum, you're asking someone else to act illegally.

LaurelLance89 wrote:

Either way,

When did I say I was or wanted to make anything? The subject is
things i'd like to see made.  
I don't even know why I'm arguing with you about laws, lol.

Please read the subject line before you try to insult someones intelligence or try to tell someone what they are trying to do.

So, you are inciting others to violate the TOS.. That is an ARable actions and can get you banned from SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.