Border around image of product for sale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.  I've made myself some items I'd like to offer for sale, and I'd like to be able to place a border around images of them with text information on the product like it's name, price, land impact etc (hope someone knows what I'm talking about).

What are these called?  I'm trying to look up techniqes and tutorials to improve the ones I am making.  I'm trying to make the text look better and what not.

The lettering is called text overlaying and if you Google "text overlay tutorial" and "text overlay effects" you'll find thousands. In fact it may help to also include the name of your graphics program as well, just to narrow it down. Basically you're just adding a layer to your image with the text on it, sizing and placing it and from that point on it starts getting fancy!

Borders are simply called borders and, if you lack the time to devote to them, you can Google "picture border clip art" for a large number of royalty-free examples, which are then added to your image the same as text, on a new layer. Always read the fine print of the licensing of any elements you use in your work to ensure it's within bounds.

That said, graphic design in advertising is a "voodoo science" that takes years to master. Carefully screen your efforts with friends and relatives before going "live" with them and, if their (honest) reaction is lukewarm, consider hiring someone to do this for you.

That image is your first impression with a potential customer, you don't want it to be the last as well.

/me grabs one of Rolig's comfy cushions, sits down and sips some of Maddy's root beer...

• Like 1

As a technique, my vendor template is comprised of multiple layers such that I have a layer for the border, a layer for the top title, a layer for the price, serveral layers, one for each permission and so on.

This way, I drop the image into the layer stack such that it's lower than the border, then the border is visible.

To display the permissions, I just change the visibility of the appropriate permission layers with their respective text/graphics.

Same for price and so on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.