Youtube On SL TVs and FLASH on MAC won't work

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bought a new MACbook Pro a few weeks ago so 2.6GhZ intel i& 16Gigs RAM on Mavericks 10.9.1 , did a migration from old Mac book pro where youtube worked on old laptop.

Can't see Youtbue on any TV in Sl.  Tried  5-6 creators.  I hear the video but white screen inworld.  One TV does a flash test says its installed but when i play the video it says install Flash.  Old movies work on tvs must be a different format.  I have one tv that lets me change Youtube to be played using quicktime and that works.  But I'm not always at home when sharing youtube videos.

Using LL veiwers , FS, Sing/ Did complete uninstalls and reinstalls a few times

Flash is latest verion of 12 and passes every online flash test I can find for both Safari and Firefox

Uninstalled Flash several times using the Adoboe uninstaller.  reinstalled and retested passes every test on the web i can find including playing flash games.

Baffled on what to try next.

Hi Neal,

Flash on Mac is an abomination. Several versions of Flash (11.x) were blocked from running on Macs because they were vulnerable to malware. I don't know if this old issue is still unrevolved, but somewhere along the way, Adobe did break flash compatibility with SL. Here's a forum thread at Adobe that may be use, but is probably a wild goose chase...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5501364#5501364

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hi Neal,

Flash on Mac is an abomination. Several versions of Flash (11.x) were blocked from running on Macs because they were vulnerable to malware. I don't know if this old issue is still unrevolved, but somewhere along the way, Adobe did break flash compatibility with SL. Here's a forum thread at Adobe that may be use, but is probably a wild goose chase...

Madelaine,  That did it!  Thank you for the link so much. :matte-motes-big-grin:

NealCrz wrote:

Madelaine,  That did it!  Thank you for the link so much. :matte-motes-big-grin:

You mean I actually did some good?

It was an accident, honest!!!

A simple "You're welcome" would do, Maddy.

Must you always be such an attention hound?

Neal? Call her Maddy. She can't spell Madelaine.

NealCrz wrote:

You mean I actually did some good?

It was an accident, honest!!!

yep your expertise and wisdom and willingness to offer help saved a life today and cemented an very long friendship as we danced to youtube :)  ...... ok being over dramatic but was fun typing it lol

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has it working on MAC with versions 12.x or 13 can you let me know?  Now I can run it all on Secondlife but cant watch xfininity or some youtube channels. 

Can't find a word about it on Secondlife.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@NealCrz: I've installed Flash 11.7 and unchecked the automatic update option. However, every browser I have automatically updates it anyway. What did you do to get 11.7 and keep it from updating?

"Amazing still open" --unfortunately, this is typical.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to watch my TVs in Second Life on my Macs (one Mavericks and one Lion) for about a year now. I've wasted countless hours trying to fix the problem, thinking the problem had to do with Adobe. Below is what someone posted over on the Phoenix viewer forum in December 2013. It  is sad. Apple or Linden are clearly not interested in fixing this. My enjoyment of SL has gone down considerably. It's a bummer. If you are a Mac user, don't buy an SL TV, you won't be able to use it.

"The broken flash media on Mac where you can hear the sound but not see the video is a known bug and is filed at FIRE-11057

This bug also exists on the official LL viewer.
It will require an update to webkit to fix, which is non-trivial."

And this from another forum.

"Adobe FlashPlayer 11.8.x & Mac OS X: media streaming broken, black or blank video screen, only sound plays ok [ affects all Apple users with OS X 10.6.8 up to 10.9.2 ] - old legacy code in Webkit needs update to CoreGraphics & CocoaEvents"

Chiaralena wrote:

I haven't been able to watch my TVs in Second Life on my Macs (one Mavericks and one Lion) for about a year now. I've wasted countless hours trying to fix the problem, thinking the problem had to do with Adobe. Below is what someone posted over on the Phoenix viewer forum in December 2013. It  is sad. Apple or Linden are clearly not interested in fixing this. My enjoyment of SL has gone down considerably. It's a bummer. If you are a Mac user, don't buy an SL TV, you won't be able to use it.

"The broken flash media on Mac where you can hear the sound but not see the video is a known bug and is filed at 

This bug also exists on the official LL viewer.

It will require an update to webkit to fix, which is non-trivial."

And this from another forum.

"
Adobe FlashPlayer 11.8.x & Mac OS X: media streaming broken, black or blank video screen, only sound plays ok [ affects all Apple users with OS X 10.6.8 up to 10.9.2 ] - old legacy code in Webkit needs update to CoreGraphics & CocoaEvents"

very frustrating to me.  Denial of the now dominance of MAC for home computing.  It works fine on the version listed but breaks everything else besides SL.  SO just not worth it. I gave up too.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello everyone sorry for my bad English, I come to tell you how to fix the problem mac video on tv life.Esto second was what I did:
-Uninstall Adobe flash player
-Install The old version of Flash Player 10.3.183.50 (this serves only)
-Use The singularity viewer.
This would all, I hope will be helpful and enjoy :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.