Where can I use a Spell Hud?

KayKendall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I've done some searches but haven't found the answer I seek. I am considering buying a Spell Hud that has the ability to Push etc... My questions is this...this hud has lots of other cool visual effects that don't involve pushing or attacking etc. Can I use this Hud in a sim that say allows building but no pushing? 

More to the point I guess is how can I tell if use would be permitted in a particular sim?

TIA,

Kay

In theory you would be able to use such a spell HUD anywhere that scripts are allowed. 

Some sandboxes will automatically eject and auto-ban you if you use anything that can be deemed as a weapon.

A spell HUD is fun within the right circle of people, but can be seen as a griefer tool, so use with caution and with permission of those you use it on.

Always read the covenant and/or rules you may be offered when you land on a sim.

before you buy a HUD like this then should be aware that LL have nerfed most of the features of these HUDs. They a relic of bygone days. For example the most powerful force in SL is Sit, will defeat every weapon or spell. The next most powerful force in SL is a Movelock - A simple script that contains llMove2Target that defeats pretty much any spell, weapon, cager or projectile that attempts to move your avatar these days. Also just about every parcel in SL has old style Push disabled. So nerfs any push script in the HUD that relies on llPushObject to function

So all you left with really with these kind of HUDs are spells that rez objects that create pretty particle displays. If you want to get into spell magics where can cast and play with others then best to join a spell/combat roleplay sim. They have HUDs that do all these things and more but only on the arenas for which the roleplay HUD is made

+

If still want to get and do, then best to find a RL university or college sim in SL. Nobody ever goes to them much anymores. Is heaps of them all over. Just search and go. They all got sandboxes. So get in it and and go for it with your HUD and other spells/weps. Just dont leave a mess. Tidy up after yourself and you be good

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.