script for avatar to sit on another avataron their shoulder

MysticRivers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You can't sit on another avatar.  You have only two options.  One is to sit on a follower that tracks the other avatar very closer, appearing to sit on her shoulder.  The other is for both of you to sit on a "vehicle" that can be largely (or completely) transparent.  Both methods are very common in SL.  I suspect that a follower may be easier to make for most people, but either one will mean some scripting.  The example script for llMoveToTarget in the LSL wiki is pretty close to what you need.

Hi MysticRivers,

Rolig's answer isn't the one you wanted to hear, but it's correct. If it makes you feel any better, this is one of things I miss most in SL. I don't know of anything specifically designed for a petite/standard avatar pairing, but I did use a couples animator as Rolig described many years ago. It wasn't perfect, but it did put smiles on two people's faces.

You might ask about couples animators out in the General Discussion forum, where people are allowed to give recommendations.

As the others have said, you can't sit on someone's shoulder while they walk about.  BUT...there are some petite/normal couples animations (you know, like poseballs).  At least one such couples animation has the petite sitting on the normal person's shoulder.

I know we aren't supposed to recommend specific products...but these aren't all that easy to find on the Marketplace, so here's a starting point for you:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Zambooki-Animations-Petite-Avatar-and-Normal-Couples-Animation-Full-Perm/3826641

I have no interest, financial or otherwise in that particular product.  I haven't even used it myself, so you'll have to check it out on your own!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.