Viewer for windows 8.1

RuisElder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Windows 8.1 is fine.  Lots of people use it.  The ASUS E Pad is not fine.  Nobody uses it.  You need a real computer to run a Second Life viewer.  Well, almost......   Some mobile devices have text-only viewers that will let you go in world blind, and Android mobiles can get surprisingly good (though limited) graphics wih the Lumiya viewer.  Stiil, tablets are just not designed for worlds like Second Life.

• Like 1

Hi RuisElder

I'm afraid Rolig is probably correct. I don't know much about Asus Eee Pad computers, but I think at least some of them are based on ARM processors and run that version of Windows. (Don't ask me why Microsoft chose such a confusing way to stagger into the future). There are no full featured SL viewers for non-intel machines. If you have a very high end Eee Pad using an Intel processor, you should have been able to download a viewer. Since you were unable to do so, I'm reasonably sure your machine is ARM based.

In that case, Rolig's recommendation of Lumiya is your only solution, and that's not really interactive.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that both Rolig and Maddy are partly right, but partly misleading on this one.

They are right that the ASUS ee pad will not run Second Life.  It's way too underpowered.

Unfortunately, while there IS a viewer for Android devices, Lumiya, there is NO "viewer Lite" for any Windows tablet or Windows phone.  Because your device is a) far too underpowered and b) doesn't run iOS or Android, there is no hope for you, until you get a real computer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.