How do I get Second Life on my mobile phone?

Dom Chenault

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

If you have an Android phone, you can use the Lumiya viewer.  That is the only viewer for mobile devices that offers any graphics at all.  It's remarkably good for a mobile app, but it's no substitute for having SL on a real computer.  It's really designed for people like merchants who need to pop in world to check inventory or have a quick conversation. There are other viewers for mobile devices, but they are text-only, so you go blind into SL. 

• Like 1

I had lumiya installed on my android phone, and although it worked great and claimed to be free, it wasn't. I would get a $4 to $5USD charge on my account from the app. It wasn't necessarily monthly nor quarterly, it was sporadic and I never authorized it. So I blocked app permissions and uninstalled it.

I don't mean to revive a dead post but wanted to add a bit of information.

Actually, Lumiya has never been free on Android. It is a one time paid app ($2.95) and it is then free to use after the initial purchase. I'm not sure what cryptic was charged but I've had Lumiya installed for over a year now and its been great for accessing SL when no computer is available and other than the initial purchase price I've never been charged other fees.

There is an iOS and Android app that is out there that does charge a monthly fee to use, I believe its called Mobile Grid (unsure?) but that is a different program from Lumiya on Android. I believe Mobile Grid's fee is 250L$ per month. There are other options as well depending on what type of phone you have.

You didn't state what type of phone you have so I have no idea what to recommend for you. Good luck!
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.