3ds Max Avatar Skeleton With C Bones That Opens Properly in 3ds Max 2012?

Alexxis DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have downloaded the avatar skeletons from the LL website. When I import the .fbx files into max all of my envelopes are too large, and horizontally parallel to the floor. They are not in the correct place. Is there a proper fix for this anywhere for 3ds max users? I do not want to have to go through and adjust every single envelope. This has been the issue with all .fbx files that I have tried to import into max. Any advice?

Hey i have a better thing for you...http://wiz-bg.blogspot.nl/p/slav-3ds-max.html

This tool is a plugin for 3DS Max that allows you to import a Second Life biped.

If you'd like to know mor about it then watch this video:

(sorry about the annoying music but he pretty much shows you how you'd go about using it...)

I've been using it for a while now :cathappy:

Also if you follow the tutorial it shows you how to use it to get an avatar into Second Life but I'm not entirely sure what you're wishing to accomplish here..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I never had any issues with the (vertex) weights themselves, the avatar moves as it should when you rotate mBones or scale cBones. It's the bones that are messed up in the dae and fbx file.

Envelopes were probably never used to rig the SL avatar. That doesn't mean you can't use them, but you'll never get the exact same results as in the dae files. Not that this matters, since the SL avatar itself isn't rigged this way, it uses only the mBones. The rest of the deformations are done by morphs. So your "fitted" creations will not perfectly deform with the avatar anyway.

The easiest way I think is to simply rebuild the skeleton from scratch (or use the mBones model from SLAV as a base) and rig your avatar and creations to that. It's just a handful of objects anyway. That's what I did anyway.

Or don't use the envelopes at all, but use the painting tools.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.