how do I get my things back that have been lost in the rez and not resurface in inventory?

Maverick Kingmaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

If an object is no copy and you rezz it then delete it, it is gone for good. If the object is still rezzed then take it back and it will be in your inventory again.

ADDED: If you ezzed it and can not find it, use the area search function on Firestorm, the SL official veiwer i think you have too use Build > pathfinding>linkset

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but it feels right and it fits experience...

If you are rezzing complex objects like houses or if the sim's servers are too busy, rezzing can be delayed for several seconds. I'm not sure if it is still true, but it used to be that the servers would cancel a rez if it was taking more than 30 seconds.  Most people get impatient long before rezzing times out, so they try again.  I certainly do.  Especially if you are trying to rez a no-copy item, that extra request seems to confuse the servers sometimes.  It takes them longer to cancel the requests and to figure out where the item ought to be.  So it's not on the ground and it's not in your inventory until the servers sort things out.

Sometimes the servers will sort things out by sending the item back to your inventory, but it takes up to a day or two.  Sometimes the servers decide that they really should rez the item after all, but they default to the sim's garbage collection spot, <0,0,0>, instaed of rezzing the item where you wanted it.  And sometimes the servers lose the item completely, especially if they are rebooted in the meantime. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.