Hands and feet?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's like clothes, there is no best place, it's what you like ;)

try demo's if possible, and the way you have to ajdjust them, keep in mind light settings may make perfect matching add ons look like you have been working in the garden all day, the avatar and add ons reflect light differently. Also what you see doesn't mean others have the same experience

SLink has arguably the most popular set of mesh hand & feet, both rigged (yes, for men and women), not necessarily because they're the best modelled & textured ones, though they're quite nice at that, too, but because of their widely utilized 'appliers' system, which purports to use the exact same texture of your body skin, therefore reducing even more any visual difference between the hands/feet and the rest of the body; the only problem about these appliers is that it's the task of the original creators of the skin, rather than SLink's, to actually make an applier; several stores selling male skins are joining the effort and offering SLink appliers for at least some of their products, but so far nowhere near as often as female skins. Still, even if the store where you bought your skin doesn't still offer SLink appliers, the base feet / hands as sold by SLink themselves include a rather flexible tinting / blending system to make a decent match.

For all that, though, SLink shouldn't automatically be considered the only good store for mesh feet / hands. I also recommend taking a look at other stores such as Vika Store and Ispachi, both of which have their own strengths.

What Ren said.

Male skin designers is terribly late to sell applier packs. Redgrave has the best so far, almost all their newer skins has appliers up. Kooqla and Clef de Peau has male skin appliers. Hermony is coming up, appliers for hands is out and I suppose feet will be available soon. Hermony has only one skin so far, so I hope they will make more.

As an owner of Ispachi mesh feet and CheerNo mesh hands (both on male alt) I will say that tinting is inferior next to applying the skin texture. It is very noticeable to me since I am used to female skin appliers now, and going back to the old tinting system is really hard. 

What avatars need most is feet. Hands is ok, but feet is awful. Sneakers and other summer shoes is an good alternative to going barefeet, unless you swim often. It does not look nice swimming in sneakers ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.