MY AVATAR IS NOTHING BUT SMOKE

SuzettaLatonya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have cleared cache i have log back in several times and still my avatar is smoke....Everyday it is something with this program so many issues i have been on a 3D world for 9 yrs and never had these types of issues. I thought coming to SL would be fun but it has been nothing but frustrations. How can a program be here this long and still seems to have the issues that it has always had.. SL LL get with the program and get this fixed. I have yet to have fun on SL..:matte-motes-angry:

I can't give you any techy advice as im a dinosaur with the inner workings of this place, but if I log in with the official SL viewer I am always, without question a little egg. If I log in with Firestorm 9 times out of 10 I am a fluffy cloud of what looks like, brick dust. All I do is go and make a coffee, put some washing on etc and by the time I come back I look like Jaz complete with arms and legs etc. Sometimes the only thing you can be is patient.

Other than that maybe one of the many tech heads can give us both a clue on how to cure it. x

Jaz xx

Here are the 3 most common causes for the bake fail:

1) Connection:

• do a speedtest and see if you get the promised down- and upload speeds. If not, complain with your ISP
  • don't use wireless! Always plug in!

In other words, SL doesn't demand the most speedy connection but a stable one. High amounts of packet loss and ping spikes are deadly.

2) Hardware

• is your GPU powerful enough to render SL in a satisfying way (resolution, lighting, framerate)?
  • did you adjust the settings for the best overall result?

More specific you can't expect a perfect performance on netbooks, tablets, smartphones, 300$ laptops, macbooks or similar riffraff. You need a dedicated graphics card to handle the load.

3) Attitude

• don't run any other tasks on your computer/connection while being connected to SL. No downloads, torrrents, streams, games, surfing
  • do maintain your computer regularly. On Windows clean the registry daily and defrag your HD monthly. Or use Linux and be happy ever after ;)
  • don't use any anti-virus crappola. At least not in real time mode. The best anti-vir software sits between your ears!

I've had this problem on several occasions. The one thing I have found to correct the situation is to go to the advanced menu, and do a character test. Removing everything right down to "Ruth"....that always works for me. In other words, remove EVERYTHING your avatar is wearing, including skin and shape. You will be reverted back to the LL avatar you started with. You should be able to see your avie at this point. Then you can start replacing everything one by one. Hope this helps!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.