Item Flagged and De Listed? No Detailed Reason Why? Help!

JonyBlade Codesmith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

Some of you might know one of my products, Lovers Dance Ice Skaters. It is an automatic Ice Skating system. I just had the product Flagged, then De listed and was told "Does not match description"?  I have had the product on the MP for about 5 years with many good reviews, 5 stars. Then Suddenly POOF, it is gone with the reason above listed as the only reason for removing it " does not match description"? - I am confused, I feel like I was just Sniped by a sniper? How can I correct this issue if I am not even told what the issue is? Will more of my Products just suddenly be flagged?

I am afraid if I re list it, the ad will just be sniped again and have the item removed?

Interestingly, I have not even sold any of them recently either? can anyone just flag any ne else product and have it de listed like that, with no details as to the real issue?

Please help me!  anyone!

Thank you kindly,

jony

Yes, anyone can flag an item on MP.  Unfortunately the flagging process doesn't give the flagger room to explain themselves, so unless they gave it a bad review too you  many never know.  LL is supposed to review it themselves and decide if the complaint has any validity, but it seems sometimes the person that is supposed to do that just removes it rather than doing this.

I find it strange that it was flagged for this reason when you haven't sold any lately.  How would the flagger know it didn't live up to its description unless they bought it otherwise, unless it was done by someone that bought it in the past.  It seems on the surface that someone did it from spite or a competitor did it.

You have the option to file a support ticket and dispute the flagging and find out what specifically LL saw as a problem.  If LL agrees it was flagged unfairly then they'll relist it or allow you to.  If they think it was fair, they may tell you what the problem is so you can correct the listing and relist it yourself. 

No one can actually have things removed that automatically. I should probably explain that bit. Everyone has the ability to flag things. Only the commerce team-or whoever they have doing such things now-can actually remove an item. I know that's probably something you actually knew, but some folks don't. Some people believe anytime something is flagged it automatically gets removed. Just wanted to clarify that part.

Now what happens when we flag something, is anyone's guess. Sometimes things actually do get removed-even if they weren't flagged for valid reasons. Most times, I don't believe things get removed when flagged by someone. Even though it seems like a lot of things do, I honestly think a LOT more get flagged and never even looked at by whoever is supposed to review them. Sometimes when things get flagged, it seems(I say this without proof, just an observation) that whoever was supposed to review the item, didn't, and just..bam..removed it. That very well may be the case more often than not-again just an observation. Sometimes listings are reviewed and whoever is reviewing, agrees with the flagging. So, again..bam..removed. I don't think that happens nearly as often as the former. I'm pretty certain whoever does the reviewing does it half-assed, if that.

LL will rarely, if ever, actually tell you why an item was removed. Usually the message you get is one of a few different scripted responses. Sometimes, I'm not even sure it's actually the right one of those, either. Which is extremely stupid, and annoying. I really wish an actual human would review ALL flagged listings(ok, multiple humans) and if something needs removed, give a detailed reason why. But, that's not how ll usually operates. Scripted and canned responses are a norm for them. I honestly do not see that changing, especially when it comes to these issues.

If I were you, I'd re-list. Double check your listing(that includes the description, name, all fields like mesh/use/category/keywords/etc..), and if everything is squared away, ignore the flag/removal and go on about your day. The only time I'd tell someone not to re-list is if A-they willingly took an item off the MP for whatever reason, made absolutely no changes, and decided to re-list(it goes against the mp listing guidelines) or B-the item should have never been sold in the first place because it violated the guidelines before it was even put there to begin with. I don't think either would apply to you. I've never read your listing, but I can't imagine if it really was such a problem, it would have lasted this long without more complaints. I've seen the product in-world, just never saw the listing on mp, lol.

Don't worry about more of your products being flagged. I know it's easier said than done, but honestly, it shouldn't be a problem. We rarely, if ever, know why someone flags an item. We definitely don't know how many times, or even what products, people flag. That's info only the lab has. It could be for any amount of reasons. But if you've never had a problem like this before, and haven't had any problems with other listings being removed recently, it's more likely an isolated incident. An annoying, obnoxious, frustrating, sometimes maddening, incident..but likely isolated nonetheless. I think a lot of merchants, if not most, run into that now and again. I've only had a couple of products flagged and removed. One of them was for something so utterly maddening and wrongly flagged in the first place(heh, pun intended, it was during the madstyle debacle-lots of merchants fell victim to it), I couldn't help but laugh, and be angry at the same time. I re-listed that one without any other issues and without changing a thing, right away after talking to someone at ll. Surprisingly, they were actually kinda helpful in that I got an actual answer and discussion from them-a rarity, lol. One was entirely my fault, I just didn't realize it until after it had been removed(and I fixed it, re-listed, with no problems, I didn't need to speak with ll because I knew what the problem was).

As the others said, it's not automatic but I know from experience that those who are supposed to check, do not necessarily always do so and just remove an item because it was flagged.

One of my listings carries the apology from LL for its incorrect de-listing after a flagging because I got tired of it being removed for the wrong reason.

Just re-list (making sure that it does what it says on the tin) and ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well you can get a precise response why... if you have it re-listend and re-taken down... they block it. and you can ticket it,...and ask why.. THEN they tell you exact whats wrong. you correct, and it gets free to re-list again.

So they KNOW.. EXACTLY.. they just dont care to inform you why, without you begging them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.