Move an object that I don't have modify permission on.

CopperCan Cortes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to move an object that I own but don't have modify permission on? This means of course that I can't put a script in it to do it. I have a vehicle (Note: phantom and non-physical) that I want to drive into a "magic tunnel", stop, and then when I touch a button in the tunnel I want it to move vertically about 1000 meters to another "magic tunnel" on a platform up there.

I started a script in another prim (the button) and when I touch it I can get the vehicles position by using llGetObjectDetails and then add that to another vector to get the position I want to get it to but can't figure out how to make it move.

Not sure this is even possible but if it is I don't need a snippet of code just a hint on what function I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

CC

Afraid not.  If you don't have permission to move the object, you can't move it.  If the vehicle is no-mod, you can't even rip the current script out of it and replace it with a script of your own.  You're pretty much screwed.  You might try to contact the creator and see if s/he's willing to sell you a copy with mod perms and no script in it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.