How to estimate sales and views?

Syle Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a business proposal to someone and want to include data of potential profit. Without spending a lot of time asking business owners and waiting for responses, are there ways that I can get sales data on items that are sold on the marketplace and, if possible, in world.

I know I can get data from my own items but is it possible to see sales data for other items that are not mine? I'm basically looking for marketplace statistics for views and sales of items.

Thanks!

Nope, you'd have to ask others. Ll does not provide that information for you. Although some think that by looking at the various search options available in MP they can make an educated guess-I wouldn't count on that actually being accurate either. Most of us are well aware the MP as a whole isn't an exact science by any stretch of the imagination. It's also absolutely no indication of inworld sales, views, traffic, etc..

If I were the person you were proposing a business to, personally, I'd want you to go through that legwork, and know what it is you're talking about, before I'd even consider doing business. It's a bit important. Well, as pertaining to your project based on what you've said here, it's important, anyway. If it involves profit, I'd want someone to *really* know what they're talking about. Anyone can make up numbers-and I know that's not what you're trying to do, but it would be very, very easy to do.

If you want to know estimated sales, views, popularity of a particular type of product, etc..., you're going to have to go through the motions of figuring that out on your own. You can do that by asking others in that field. I wouldn't be too surprised if you come across people not willing to give that information-it is after all, their business. But you may find some willing to offer up ideas, or estimations, anyway. I'm not certain how many, if any, you'll find willing to give up exact information, but that's always possible too.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.