Click Action Icon

BlackMagi Darkwatch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if there was a way to hide the default icon for click action on a prim with a touch event in the script. I have tried llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_NONE) but it still shows the hand icon.  I note that CLICK_ACTION_NONE & CLICK_ACTION_TOUCH have the same integer number. 

This is for a maze build and it sort of gives the game away if all a user needs to do is mouse over the prims to find a door.

Thank you

Black

I can't think of a way to consistantly deliver this behaviour - if memory serves touch-enabled objects also show up as beacons, and they can show up for people using sensors for type ACTIVE.

I can think of a couple of workarounds:-

• You could use two states, and only activate the state with the touch event when someone is nearby (using a sensor in the first state - the state with no touch event) - or some other predetermined condition that otherwise obscures the true nature of the object.

• Make all (or many) objects touch-enabled. Create a script with a touch event that produces no output and use this as a 'dummy' - use it in several objects nearby to throw users off of the scent.

As a general rule, LSL functions don't do range checking, if you enter a value that's out of bounds, it silently fails (no error message is said and things continue as usual).

As it happens, this particular function silently fails in a predictable way. When it's called, it initially unsets the ON_CLICK parameter for the object. When it finds that the supplied integer is out of range, it silently fails to do anything else and returns, leaving the object in the state you wanted.

The object can have a multitude of scripts, all having touch events that will work normally. If just one of them calls llSetClickAction('some nonsense integer'); the ON_CLICK action is unset.

[ETA: I suppose, technically speaking, it's the ON_MOUSE_HOVER parameter that is being affected since the touch event handler(s) within the object will still be triggered normally.]

I actually have a cigar box next to my front door with change and bills in it. It's been in that spot for decades and through many changes of residences. It's never been emptied but I did once have to "find" a 20 on the floor for a good cause. It was repaid back within a month, plus. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.