i can t upload mesh in second life

depp7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i can t upload mesh in second life.my payment info is ok i did the IP tutorial so i have rights to upload..the mesh is collada file so i don t understand why i can t...can someone help me?is the problem has to do with the viewer or sth else?

when i find the mesh in my computer and put it in the form i don t see in the level of detail any tick at the right of high medium low etc..and if i press calculate weights and fee it comes message that tell that i haven t enough money but i haven t such a problem..so that why i ask if it has to do with the viewer 

2 answers to this question

What happens when you try?  What error message do you get?  How far do you get through the upload process before you have trouble?

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

That does sound like a viewer issue. In the mesh groups, the first suggestion is to use the latest stable SecondLife viewer, instead of any 3rd party viewer to upload mesh (even if they worked on the previous mesh). If you are already using the SL viewer, I guess my next thought would be to clear all the caches, and if that doesnt work, a new very clean install.

The only other thing I can think of is the formatting of your collada file. Is it a DAE Collada? Have you uploaded other meshes in the same format without issues? I've also seen some programs that create objects with a HUGE amount of vertices/tris that acually exceeded the SL upload limit and the upload cost was crazy high.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.