I need urgent protection!

Diyaanna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm being stalked and assaulted by a group of girls here in sl.
They act on an island help, passing items and suspected links for beginners, in addition to using malicious huds like pumps and assaulting the avatars. Have alerted the owner of the island about this group, gave evidence enough, but he treated me badly and was rude to me, anyway, I need to defend myself here. Would you like a hud protection, a shield, but do not know which one to buy or how to use it. Someone help?

3 answers to this question

In all of my time in Second Life, I have never needed a HUD or a shield to protect myself, although I have used them during times of fun roleplay over on the weapons testing sandbox and on private sims too.

If you are being stalked by anyone on SL, you have so many choices.

Block/mute, teleport away, ignore completely, sit on a prim (so they cannot bump you).

Never EVER should you retaliate when being harrased in SL. 

Help yourself by realising it is far more mature and sensible to just ignore as much as possible.  You are always welcome to submit an abuse report to Linden Lab directly via the "help" button and "report abuse" option which is in the top menu bar of your viewer's screen.  Be sure to keep your complaint factual and pithy.  If Linden Lab see it just as a minor dispute between residents, they will not act. If it is something they deem to be impeding the movement and/or enjoyment of other residents then they will certainly step in.

• Like 2

Marigold is right.

I am a new resident mentor.  I often go to Social Island 1, where there are both lots of newbies, and a crowd of idiots making fun of them and, sometimes, harassing them.

I have never had a problem with being "attacked" by these people...I just sit on a wall, and then nothing they do can hurt me.  I turn off particle poofers with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+=, or if I just want to eliminate one particularly annoying person, I right click them and select Mute/Block.

You are right that you should be careful of accepting items from strangers, especially if they are unsolicited or if the person hasn't even spoken to you first.  I mostly pass out help notecards.  Notecards are quite safe, you need never be worried about them, althouh be cautious about visiting web page links you get in a notecard, in chat, in IM, or in a group message.  Some people will send you a URL that seems like a regular SL web page, but it's really a phishing site. 

Trying to "out-weapon" these clowns is a losing game.  For one thing, since there are more of them than there are of you, they can attack you faster than you can defend against them.  Sit and Mute are your best defenses.  No, wait...there is an even better one:  Leave.  There are over 20,000 regions in Second Life, and sites where idiots like this gather are, thankfully, quite rare.  Go explore some other places!

• Like 1

The simplistic thing to do is just not go there anymore.  If that is where you go when go 'home' there are many other places where you can reset your home.

Stay away from welcome centers and info hubs where this kind of thing is common.  Many clubs and entertainment venues as well as other private sims open to the public allow you to set your home on their sim if you join their group.

You also don't have to set a home at all.  Just find a safe place and landmark it then go there to log out and log back into the last location.  If you also would like a bit of privacy for your home base, the sea floor out of the way from the center of an empty water sim works well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.