how do I block set to home?

BrittanyAnne Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

There are three types of land you can set as your home location:

I suspect that you own a group that owns the land and one or more group roles have that ability, or nobody actually has your land set as home (just because people login and/or TP there doesn't mean they have it set as home...).

Home is the location that you teleport to when you choose the menu item "Teleport Home", press Ctrl-H, or when you "die".  It is also the location you appear if you choose Login to Home from the viewer's login screen.  Otherwise, there's nothing special about it.  When someone sets "home" at a spot in SL, it doesn't give him any privileges for ownership, rezzing objects, or anything else.  It's just a "safe" spot where you can go as a default.  If you don't want anyone to use your parcel for Home, don't set or deed your property to a group.  Or, if you do, don't give any role in the group the ability to set Home on group-owned land. 

Brittany Anne Hello, you need permission on his land in order to make these configurations. In the browser you can do click on the icon "i" which is just next to the description of its land.

After opening the specifications of the site, you must roll the bar and do click the button About Land.

It gets a new dashboard with these configurations, so it is also possible to place audio on the ground and various other configurations.

Ideally would be to set a group with permission to your landscape.

:manlol:

If you just want to keep strangers from showing up on your parcel, Home isn't really the issue.

People can use "log in at last location", or simply teleport to your location, and their Home setting has nothing to do with it.

You can keep everyone out, except for persons you specifically designate, with the Access tab of About Land.  Setting the land to other than public access will put up ban lines around your parcel and keep out everyone who is not on the access list.  For group owned land, group members will still have access.

NOTE:  Many estates won't let you use ban lines.  Check your covenant carefully before you change your land access settings.  Also, ban lines are seen by many as an annoying and antisocial device.  They may give you more privacy, but it will not endear you to your neighbors.

You can also get a security orb that will keep out anyone you don't give access to.  Thsi can be set to cover your entire parcel or just a part of it, like your house.  This flexibility must be used with caution...you don't want your security orb kicking your neighbor out of HER house!  Be sure you understand how to set up and use a security orb before you activate it.

As for me, I don't like either ban lines or security orbs.  When strangers show up, I give them a friendly greeting.  if they prove to be nice...maybe I will make a new friend!  If they don't...well, then I will get in some target practice.

No, the person specifically had it set to "home" and I really don't want anybody doing that. I'm okay with people teleporting there (I have a Landing Point set). I just don't want people setting it to Home. I don't want strangers not showing up, I want nobody setting my parcel to "home". That's why I asked about blocking people from setting my parcel to "home".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.